Before The Big Day

Harry POV

Now... if ye told me a year ago or so that I'd be running around Auradon, specifically at the bridge sight, with a clipboard and telling people what to do the way I am, I would think ye were just as crazy as me.

Because what have I been doing since yesterday? Just that, running around ordering people to do all these sorts of things in preparation for tomorrow actually... the big day that me and so many others have been waiting for all their lives... the day Auradon swallows its pride and gets rid of the barrier once and for all... and dammit have I gotten a little emotional about parts of that.

Luckily I have the best lil' lassie who's been my first mate in my terms this entire time. Of course Ellie already loves helping, she loves helping me specifically more, and she loves helping other people at a grand scale most. Guess what? We're doing all of that, so she's more than happy with helping me out in more ways than one, and I could not be more grateful for her help. Especially as she's been super productive, especially since if I need something she can quite literally fly off to go get it, and boy is she loving that alone!

I just walked around now, constantly looking up and around ta make sure there were no idle bodies. I had people working at setting up every station now as Mal has swung by every so often to check on the progress as well. She's not on the frontlines like we are because she's busy rounding up the royals, and for once, I'll take Mal's word. I would hate ta have that job, so she can round up the royals as much as she wishes. But regardless, we still have a lot to do before tomorrow, hence why I wanna make sure everything is always moving somehow. Only when I heard a little sort of distant whistling sound did I pause my surveying of everyone else to look up and around, smiling a bit as I spotted the familiar source of the sound.

Elena's been practicing being in spirit form so much since she first figured out how to, and I've learned that just like Gale, as she flies around she makes a little whistling sound. The only difference is that she comes in as a gust of snowflakes specifically, Gale is a gust of pure wind with leaves in it. But I could genuinely only smile as I watched that little sparkling trail of shimmering snowflakes fly down from one of the higher towers of Auradon Prep, the whistling sound quickly got louder as she's so swift in this form that it truly doesn't take her long to go anywhere like this... gods it's simply so extraordinary... she is simply so extraordinary!

I slowly let a rather toothy grin spread on my face as she whistled right towards me, knowing she was coming in for her wonderful little happy greeting that she always gives me when she comes along in her spirit form. I just love how happy she is right now, like genuinely happy inside and out! She's naturally so happy yeh, but today... I think she's really feeling all the really amazing reasons ta be extra happy. I mean she's still bubbling about being engaged which of course warms the fuck outta my heart as I am too, then there's the closure around her dad and even knowing he was a spirit too, then there's the barrier thing going on, and the fact that she's really figured her power out! And I won't lie, seeing how genuinely happy she is knowing damn well there's nothing bad lurking behind any corners is seriously making me even happier than I am about the barrier and such. If she's happy, of course I'm happy! Especially like this and in a time like this, truly an unbeatable feeling I'm tellin' ya!

So I couldn't hold back a low chuckle as she came barreling towards me, bracing myself just a bit as she does love messing with me a wee bit when she's in spirit form. She came whistling right at me, only for her to bend right around me and rapidly begin flying around me as she of course loves ta do, the chilly aura and the few flurries I get on me that she brings along has grown ta be a rather comforting feeling. My hair whipped around a bit, inevitably making it look all messy even though I don't mind. Elena made sure to fly around my sides too since she likes ta essentially tickle me in this form since I can't get her back, she may be a rather innocent lassie but I swear she has a rather cheeky side with things like that. So I had to stifle a bit of laughter as we are in public and I have to keep at least a little bit of my intimidating exterior going, but I couldn't stifle it all as I just couldn't, so a chuckle or two simply had ta breakthrough of course.