The Plan

Harry POV

I silently ate the food the spell had brought to us, for a spell that turned a simple clam into a full meal this was really good! I didn't want to express that though, I haven't said a word since Uma's... interrogation. To be honest, I've been scared to say a word. I just want her to be content, then she'll leave me be. Dusk had fallen and the night was quickly falling behind it, the stars have never been so clear... it's quite beautiful to be honest. The moon has never shined so bright before... or maybe it looks that way because there's not a speck of smog in the sky. I took discreet looks up into the beautiful depths of the starry night, how marvelous it is...

"Harry..."

I promptly knocked myself out of my daydreaming and looked over to Uma as she seemed to ponder and plot. I waited for her to continue to speak as her gaze slowly looked over to me,

"... I have a job for you. I think I have a plan for cotillion and it involves you sneaking me onto the ship they'll be hosting it on. Now, tell me Harry, what do you think would make sneaking onto the ship easier?"

I was frantic for an answer as I just wanted to please her right now while she was acting the way she was. I thought for a moment before spitting out,

"A disguise?"

"Exactly..."

Oh thank the gods I got that right, but what on earth is she thinking?

"... so I want you to sneak into Auradon Prep and steal a guard's uniform, a guard escorting a special guest wouldn't raise one red flag would it?"

Oh great, I'm the escort... a fucking escort of all things. Also how on earth am I supposed to get a guard's uniform?! Where does one just find guard uniforms? Will I have to take down a guard or just find one somewhere? Gods the logistics of this is stupid! I held in a groan and nodded to her and sucked up my internal feelings,

"I think it's a good plan, when should I break-in?"

I just want her to be happy with me, that's all I want right now. She hummed and looked up at the sky for a moment, presumably judging how dark it was right now. She thought for a moment or two more before speaking,

"Not now, maybe in half an hour when it gets darker and all the royals turn in. Then technically there shouldn't be anyone in the halls unless someone monitors. Until then just eat some, we'll need the energy for tomorrow"

Well, gee Uma, thanks for letting me EAT in peace... gods I wish she didn't scare me so damn much so I could run away, but I know she could do something... brash if I even tried. I don't want.... I don't wanna get hurt or... worse since she threatened to do what my dad did to me and more.... so in fear of getting caught, I can't try to leave,

"Oh by the way, if you get caught I didn't get out of the barrier. I am not going down with you, and don't try to get anyone to help you either..."

Oh no.... she's getting snarly again. I held my breath as she made intense eye contact with me again. I just stared at her, refusing to even blink in case she tries anything,

"... because they won't, they'll just report you and you'll be sent back to the Isle without my protection, and without my protection, your dad will just swipe you right off the streets and you'll be chained to that wall all over again. Remember that? Remember the wall he'd chain you to? To either beat you or have one of his customers have their way with you? Think about that life when you go in there, remember that I'm the reason you're not down there still"

I.... I shivered and was forced to remember... I hated every moment as she actively painted the old pictures of pain to me.... I simply nodded, unable to speak as I could hear... I could hear the distant echo of a whip cracking and I could hear... my own screams of terror as everything that ever happened to me on the back wall of my dad's cellar was forcefully replayed to me.... I remember it all too well, I wish I couldn't remember at all.