" Yeah." JJ nods.

" Then i'm not losing anything i haven't lost already. Plus my dad won't do anything. I couldn't let you get hurt and have Pope lose his whole future." Ari smiles at him softly.

" You truly are somethin' darlin." JJ whispered softly pecking her lips.

" Okay, times up." Shoupe grabs Ari putting her into the police car carefully. Shoupe drives off. Pope throws his hat to the ground angrily, stomping inside the shops.

" It wasn't her was it?" Heyward looked to the two other teens. They shook their heads. Heyward nodded following his son.

" We can meet her there, okay?" Kie placed a hand on JJ's back who's eyes were watery.

" Mhm." JJ hummed not looking at her.

                           𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧.𖡼

Ariella walked out of Peterkin's office after being questioned about the two men that shot at them and broke into John B's house. Ariella caught her father's angry and disappointed gaze making her look down. Ari after a couple of moments looked up again from her feet to see Kie and Pope running toward her pulling her into a hug.

" Oh! Thank goodness." Kie sighed relieved letting go of the girl.

" Thank you so much." Pope whispered into her ear.

" I would do it again." Ari whispered back squeezing him once more. Pope pulled away.

Ari and JJ then ran toward each other. JJ caught Ari in his arms spinning her around while kissing her forehead.

" Ariella. Let's go. Now!" Ward instructs from behind JJ.

" I'll see you later." Ari pecked his lips going to walk to her father but JJ held her close.

" What if—."

Ari cuts him off. " I'll be fine."

JJ let's go slowly and Ari walks outside, following her father. They got into the car. Ward put his seatbelt on instantly taking off.

" Are you serious!" Ward slammed on the wheel as he now pulled over not even a minute later.

" Dad, you don't understa—." Ari tries to explain.

" Shut up!" Ward cuts his daughter off slapping her. Ari gasped shocked that her father put his hands on her. Ariella's eyes full with tears. She unlocks the door and starts walking back to the Police station, her friends probably still there.

" Ariella wait." Ward gets out the car. Ari doesn't respond still holding her cheek.

" I'm sorry! Ari, sweetheart, please!" Ward slams his hand on the car making Ari flinch and stop at the noise.

" You have treated me like shit my whole life but not once have you laid a hand on me. You disgust me." Ariella says with distaste before running off again.

" You better be there at midsummers!" Ward stood there watching his daughter go. Ari just stuck up her middle finger at him.

                           𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧.𖡼