"Yelena?"

It was her voice, too. Which was making it really hard to keep her guard up when she so badly wanted it all to be true.

But, she reminded herself, the voice could be a result of enhanced voice changing technology.

"Who sent you here?" Yelena questioned, and it suddenly came into her mind that she was very likely about to have a battle to the death right in front of her grave. Which sent a flare of anger rising in Yelena. No one would disrespect her grave like that.

The eyes of the woman before her softened into a strange expression of knowing and a small amount of hurt with a large amount of guilt.

"It's me," the woman spoke, her voice sincere and husky in such a painfully familiar manner. Yelena swallowed, her heart aching and wishing that she could believe the woman standing in front of her.

"No, it's not," Yelena's voice cracked a bit against her will as she tried to force too much strength in it. Strength that was entirely artificial and coming from a place that she quite simply did not have alight inside of herself at this moment.

"It's me," the woman still argued, and Yelena swallowed, lifting her chin a bit in defiance.

"Prove it," Yelena challenged, and the other woman let the smallest of smiles tug at the corners of her lips. Yelena kept a close eye on her as she stood a yard or two away from her.

"When we were kids, I'd protect you from anyone that dared even give you what I thought was a wrong glance on the playground. I ended up in the principle's office for giving a boy a broken nose one time," the woman expressed, and Yelena just watched her.

"You used to always end up in my bed every single night, your head on my chest and your arm around my waist most of the time. And every morning whether you slept close or not, you'd wake up somehow without any blankets and complain that I stole them all," she spoke, taking one step closer. Yelena's hold on the gun was faltering just a little. No one really knew about that outside of a few people. However, she was not letting her guard down just yet.

"We'd play the upside-down game and see who'd hold out the longest. A lot of times, I'd fall first to let you win because you always got the biggest smile on your face when you beat me," she said, and Yelena felt herself weakening. Something about one of the most precious moments of her childhood and the fact that this woman seemed to know about it made her weaker.

"You've always wanted a dog. You asked me if I wanted kids, and I didn't answer, and you said you wanted a dog," the redhead breathed out a small laugh, her eyes never leaving Yelena's as she walked a little closer. Yelena felt herself softening. Could it really be...?

"We also played the dog game where I got on my hands and knees and pretended to be a dog. I hated it, but I did it to see you laugh," the woman added to her previous statement.

"You scrunch your nose in your sleep when you're dreaming about things," she said, and Yelena wanted to argue, but she remembered that fact had been pointed out by her before she left.

"You hate the smell of blood but you're used to it," she pointed out, and Yelena felt tears prickling at her eyes as the woman just further proved her true identity.

"Your favorite song is 'American Pie.'"

"You're obsessed with clothes that have lots of pockets," she spoke, looking at Yelena with nothing but the warmest of emotion as she stepped nearer.

"And you forgave me for some reason even though I didn't deserve it. I didn't deserve you," the redhead spoke, her eyes locked firmly on Yelena's as she moved so close that the gun pressed against the left side of the woman's chest.