She's not okay

"Hey..." I call Brad quickly in between scenes trying to be discreet "Mey's school called. She's sick, I can't pick her u-"

"Mama, Mey sick? Her bewy hurt?"

"Where's daddy?"

"He dwive."

"Can you tell him I need to talk to him?"

"I go pawk and now daddy get me icecweam and we go wowk now."

"That's great Leyley but can you please tell daddy I need to talk to him?"

"I talk."

I hear her trying to explain to Brad in the background what's going on, but he clearly isn't understanding "Mama and Mey's bewys hurt" and luckily grabs the phone from her.

"You're sick?"

"No, Mey is. The school called me. I guess they probably called you too and she just hung up on them... she has a headache and stomachache. The nurse said there's some stomach virus going around."

"She tried that on me last week and ate a whole box of Oreos a minute after telling me she just got done throwing up. I even let her stay home for the day."

"I know, but if the nurse says she's sick, she's sick. Just go pick her up please."

"Leyley and I were having so much fun though. We don't need her ruining it if she's in a bad mood."

"Your daughter is sick."

"... fine."

Brad's POV

"Alright Leyley, I guess we have to go pick up Mey from school."

"I fink she wants icecweam."

"I kinda think so too, but we'll see when we get her. I need you to hold my hand in the school or one of the teachers might make you stay."

"Noooo I too small."

I hand her back my phone so she can watch the rest of her videos while Turing around to get to Mey's school before I piss of Jen for taking too long.

We finish our ice cream real quick once we get there so Mey can't see, even if Leyah has chocolate all over her little dress now.

"Come on, Mey's waiting."

"Daddy I haf to pee!"

"Well we have to go find Mey and you can use the bathroom in there."

I carry her into the office once she finally stops complaining, walking right up to the sign out sheet to fill out all the information needed.

"She's right over there with the nurse, Mr. Pitt. Once you're ready you can just go through those doors."

"There's Meeeeey! Daddy I can go to her?"

"You can walk next to me but no running."

She sticks her little hands out to touch everything we pass, no care for the fact that there's some kind of virus going around and she can't care for herself if she gets it.

"Hi, I'm picking up Mey Pi- Leyah don't jump on your sister..."

"Hi Mr. Pitt, I told your wife, it seems like it's just the stomach bug going around, but since she has a slight fever today she won't be able to come back until Monday. Students have to be fever free for 24 hours before returning."

"Alright... uh, what if one of us gets it and has a fever?"

"She should be fine then since she's already had it."