Spend some time

"So now can you tell me where we're going?"

"No you'll see when we get there babe"

Jen decided to surprise Mey with a girls weekend since they haven't spend some time only together in a very long time. So she let Leyah with Brad and made a reservation at a wellness retreat in Southern California for the two of them.

"Well can I ask questions just to have a clue?"

"No"

"Are we going with the car or are we taking a plane?"

"Well we could go with the car but we're going on a plane to make it faster"

"Oh! Are we leaving the US?"

"Mey! You'll see in a few hours it won't be too long" She doesn't listen to her, still trying to figure where they could possibly be going as the car pulls next to the waiting private jet.

Once they're installed in the plane, Jen sends a text to Brad to see how he's doing with Leyah, while Mey goes on asking things to the Stewart. They still haven't told Mey they're back together which makes things a little harder but Jen plans on doing it really soon.

"Honey there's no need to ask them, I told them not to tell you anything. Now get back here and sit"

"Alright, I give up..." she sits in front of Jen, putting her seatbelt on as they're about to take off.

"Are you at least happy that we're doing this?"

"I am...I'm really happy that we're going away alone. We haven't done that in a long time"

"Last time we did that, i was pregnant with your sister...so that's...yeah two years already. And I'm sorry we didn't do this earlier"

"It's alright mom, I know that you've been really busy and doing so many things at the same time these past two years...and you had to take care of Leyah and I alone and you had your work"

"I know but it shouldn't be an excuse to put you on the side or not finding even a weekend to spend just with you as we used to"

"I lived...I missed it sometimes but i didn't feel like asking anyways"

"Why not baby?"

"I don't know...I didn't want to complain too much, plus you had your relationship with Justin and i know you guys didn't have too many moments together so when he was there it was important for you two to spend time together"

"That's how you felt? You didn't want to bother...." Jen can't help but to get emotional listening to her daughter. Seeing how these last two years she was focused on so many things at the same time that she didn't take the time to give more attention to her

"...Mey listening to me, baby you will NEVER bother me in any way. You're my daughter, my first baby and i love you so much. You and your sister will always come first in my life and that will never ever change. And I'm so so sorry for not being the best mom i could've been to you lately. I don't want you to ever feel like it's okay that you're not coming first in my life alright? I'm sorry and i promise it will change"

"Thanks mom, it's really not that bad i promise, i know that you still love me very mu-"

"Unconditionally"

"-that you love me unconditionally, plus I was able to bond even more with dad during that time" she laughs, making Jen smile, relieved that it's all gonna be fine.

"And that's honestly great, but i want to take my best friend position back. Obviously I know that you're almost a teen now and there are many things you're gonna want to keep for yourself but just know I'm always there for you if you need to talk about anything, sex, boys-"