64. Image of A Mother

Mulai dari awal

Was there any purpose in my return?

If given more time both Athy and Claude might reconcile and be together like a real family without third party's intervention.

....Then where does that leave me?

Where do I stand in all this?

You covered your face, leaning heavily as you slid down slowly, tiredly.

You chuckled under your breath. Heh....seems like I'm becoming selfish.

I'm already Athy's godmother so why....why am I craving to be more?

Why am I asking for something that wasn't mine in first place?

You stayed in curled up position for a long time. Solely focusing on breathing. All alone in the cold, empty hallway.

Heaving a deep sigh, you wiped your eyes. Geez I'm being way too sentimental this days!

Your slapped your cheeks to bring back your cheerful self, a smile stretching out on your face. No more depressing thoughts! Let's be positive! Full of optimism!

Don't let the bullshit of negativity drag you down!

Your jumped on your feets. Rocking back and forth, you pep talked yourself into brightening up. Humming your favourite song, you attempted to dispel the gloomy clouds looming on you.

"Okay! I'm okay!" Your stretched your cheeks, pinching them as you repeated the mantra. "I'm super duper okay!"

"...." Your hands fell away, along with your smile. "Yeah, I'm okay..."

"...."

"What if I say I want to see Mommy, AND PAPA HATES ATHY TOO?!"

The sudden loud outburst made you jump. You sprinted back and saw Athy running away while Felix and Lily tried to stop her.

"What happened?" You asked, worried eyes on the direction where Athy disappeared.

"Princess.." Lily's voice cracked and her eyes filled up with tears. "She..! How ignorant was I to her suffering?"

Felix wrapped his arms around her shaking shoulder when she let out a sob. Lily leaned against him, covering her face as tears flew down her cheeks.

Felix briefly explained the situation. As you listened to him, you grimaced, expression turning grave.

You dashed to find her. God, Athy, since when did you had such thoughts. How come I never noticed it? You thought grimly.

After roaming the whole palace you finally found her in the garden hurdled behind a tree playing with Ether.

You breathed in relief. "Athy."

"I don't want to see Mommy." Athy stubbornly avoided yoir gaze, squeezing Ether's fluffy tails.

You sat down beside her. "It's natural to be curious about your mother, Athy. There's nothing wrong with that."

Athy shifted, sparing a suspicious glance at you. "Athy really doesn't want to see Mommy."

You squinted at her, trying to understand her. "Is it because you think your father would hate you?"

Athy looked away and you got your answer.

You stayed silently, carefully thinking over your next words. "Athy, your father doesn't hate your mother. His cold attitude might suggests otherwise but believe me when I say he doesn't hate her."