Chapter 33: The Heist

Start from the beginning

"And have you fulfilled that promise?" Aves questioned.

I wore a grim look as I shook my head. "Unfortunately, no...I came close a couple of years ago, when I was stuck in an arena, but we were separated from each other."

Seda's words echoed in my head. "You know once we Storms don't give up. Once we've got our minds set on something, we follow through. No matter what it takes."

Seda's right, nothing was gonna stop me. I made a promise. I'm going to find him, even if that's the last thing I do. At that moment, I heard Lassa's voice from the communications system of my freighter.

"We're in." Lassa announced.

I let out a sigh of relief, happy that our plan was working so far, and that it saved me from this conversation. Thank the Force, phase one was complete, now came the hard part. Immediately, I responded. "Copy that, Cap'."

I placed my locket back inside my tunic before I placed my hands back on the cockpit console, following Lassa's ship into the atmosphere of Fanha. Once we landed, we all climbed out of the ships to meet with each other. We were in what looked like a tundra with no trees, the ground was covered in permafrost, and we were surrounded by countless rocks covered in green moss. There was a giant mountain covered in snow not far from us. I could hear howls, no doubt they were sled foxes, and it sounded like they weren't far from us. But I wasn't worried about that. We'd be gone before they were even here.

"All right, so how are we going to reach the transports?" Zeb questioned.

"How far are the transports from us?" Lassa inquired, looking over at Hondo.

Hondo shrugged. "Hey, all I heard from my contact was about the transports, carrying the new supplies to the base. That's all."

Zeb shook his head as he muttered under his breath. "Karabast..."

Hondo raised his hands, looking exasperated. "Oh no, please, everyone don't thank me all at once."

"You wanna be thanked, then you get all the intel on the job." Lassa protested, placing a hand on his chest as she wore a stern look on her face.

"She's right. That's the way a job's done." Shamara chimed in.

"Oh don't you tell me how to do a job, Shamara." Hondo warned.

I better help out before they strangle each other. So with that in mind, I closed my eyes before reaching out to the Force, feeling everything around me, the cold wind around us, the constant howling of sled foxes, the clacking of beaks, which belonged to the snow storks, but I kept going. In a matter of moments, I could sense people, constantly moving about, away from us. They were about a klick or two away from us. I opened my eyes before turning to face the others. "They're a klick or two away from where we are now. I suggest we start moving now if we wanna catch up to them."

They all stopped arguing, looking at me, completely taken back. I shrugged. "What? I'm a Jedi."

"If you could do that, then why didn't you tell us?" Nuri inquired.

"Because you were all too busy at each other's throats." I replied. "Now are we gonna stand around and wait for the transports to get further away from us or are we going to complete this job or not?"

At my words, everyone looked over at Lassa, who let out a sigh. "She's right. We need to do this now."

"Okay, but now are we going to reach them? We don't exactly have speeder bikes." Harc pointed out.

All of the sudden, I heard growls not far from us. At first, I didn't know what animal was near us. But as soon as I reached out into the Force, I realized what animals they were.