Chapter 21: Words Of Advice

The kid Loki, the older Loki, and Dooku all nodded at his words, agreeing with Loki. Kid Loki blurted out. "Car."

We turned around, following his gaze. I saw the groundcar, making its way towards us. There was a strange looking triangle attached to the top of the hovercar.

"What?" Loki asked, looking baffled.

"Along the horizon." Kid Loki clarified.

"Is that bad?" Loki inquired.

"Well, usually means cannibalistic marauders or cannibalistic pirates." Kid Loki explained.

I winced. Well, that sounds just wonderful. Loki grimaced. "Delightful."

As the groundcar came closer towards us, it showed down. The older Loki furrowed his brows. "Now they're slowing down. What are they doing?"

"Just stay on guard." Kid Loki advised.

As soon as the groundcar stopped just feet away from us, we saw Mobius, Sylvie, and Seda walked out. My eyes widened. They're alive. Immediately, Loki and I rushed over towards them.

"You're all alive." I mentioned.

"You know us Storms, it takes a lot more to kill us." Seda commented.

"What happened?" Loki questioned. "You okay? How did you..."

"We thought you could do with some backup." Sylvie informed us.

At that moment, the three Loki Variants approached us along with Dooku. Seda's face lit up. "Grandfather!"

"Storm?" Dooku called out, looking at her in awe.

Seda rushed over towards Dooku, wrapping her arms around him. My heart clenched. It reminded me that this Dooku I've come to know wasn't my grandfather, but Seda's, which made this all more painful for me. Sylvie was about to attack the Loki Variants, when Loki extended a hand towards her.

"Oh, no, wait, wait, wait. These are our friends." Loki mentioned.

Mobius, Seda, and Sylvie looked at Loki as if he grown a second head. Loki wasted no time in introducing them. "Well, they're, um...How best to put this? Us as a child, us in the future, and us as an alligator. It's best not to question it."

Mobius snorted. "You throw a rock out here, you hit a Loki."

"So you're all after the giant cloud monster, too, then?" Sylvie inquired.

"Well, we haven't decided how we're going to kill it, but..." Loki trailed off.

"Come again? Kill it?" Sylvie repeated.

"Yes, we're going to kill Alioth." Loki confirmed.

"Oh my God. That was your plan." Sylvie replied in disbelief.

Loki nodded. "Yeah..."

"And you went along with it?" Seda inquired, looking at the Loki Variants and Dooku.

"I had my doubts." Kid Loki mentioned.

"Probably unsafe." Older Loki chimed in.

"I never said I agreed with the plan." Dooku added.

Sylvie then glanced over at me. "And you? You were on board with his plan?"

I let out a nervous chuckle. "Well...at the time, I believed it was our only plan that would work. Besides I fought the creature before."

"And you were nearly killed." Dooku reminded me.

Sylvie shook her head. "Well, you and Loki make quite the pair."