Chapter 23: The Departure

I turned towards my padawan, Areria, troops, Sirius, and T3, who were all waiting for my next orders. Immediately, I spoke up with my next command. "All right, we go in, destroy all the droids. Remember do not harm any unarmed or injured Separatists, stun them if you have no other choice. T3, go the command room and see what intel you can dig up. Sirius go with him, I'll be right behind you. Now let's go in!"

"Yes General!" They exclaimed. 

We all then rushed into the facility. The hallways were filled with B1 battle droids and B2 super battle droids. The droids were baffled to see us, but they wasted no time in firing their blasters at us. Areria and I ignited our lightsabers, deflecting their laserfire before pushing on. Areria and I lead on, slicing down the the droids. As we took on the droids, I watched as some slipped past us, making their way towards my troops. Unfortunately, some of the droids got the clones.

I watched as several of my troopers, who had become my friends, collapse onto the ground in front of me. Their white armor now stained with blast marks. My heart clenched, but I fought on, determined to win this battle...for them and for the Republic. Too many people, too many of my friends have died in this war.

"Master, I've taken down two already." Areria mentioned.

"I'm on seventeen. Gotta catch up, Areria." I teased.

Areria's eyes widened, but she quickly recovered, charging towards the battle droids. I extended out a hand as I reached out to the Force. In a matter of seconds, one of the super battle droids was lifted up in the air before I turned him around, firing his own battle droids. Once all the battle droids were destroyed in the hallways, we made our way to the control room. The control room had a couple of SP-4 analysis droids around the control panel and screens. There were also several MagnaGuards carrying electrostaffs around the analysis droids.

"T3 get all the intel you can get and shut down the analysis droids. Sirius keep him safe, we'll take care of the MagnaGuards." I ordered.

With that, T3 gave me an affirmative beep, while Sirius gave me a nod. They then made their way to the control panel. The MagnaGuards then approached Areria and me. Three MagnaGuards made their way towards me, while Areria dealt with two MagnaGuards. I dodged the first MagnaGuard before swinging the lightsaber in my right hand towards the second MagnaGuard, while I raised the lightsaber in my left hand, clashing it against the first MagnaGuard's electrostaff. I used all my strength to push them both back.

I had completely forgotten about the third Magna-Guard that was right behind me. As the electrostaff pierced my back, I let out a scream of agony, feeling the pain course through my entire body. I took a deep breath, channeling my pain, focusing instead on the Force. I then lunged towards the three MagnaGuards. As I fought on, I quickly grew frustrated, extending out my hands. I will not let the Separatists drive us off this planet. Bluish purple lightning came out from my fingertips and made their way towards all the Magna-Guards in the room, shocking them before they were destroyed, collapsing to the ground. My eyes widened in horror. What had I just done? I used Force lightning...I glanced over at Areria, who was just as baffled as I was.

"Master, what did you do?" Areria questioned.

"I...I don't know." I said.

My eyes shot open as I let out a gasp. I looked around to see everyone still asleep. I slowly climbed up from the ground, making my way towards a nearby hill to try and calm myself down. It was still quite early in the morning, so the others wouldn't be waking up soon...or so I thought. I looked out at the sky as I took a deep breath, trying to sooth myself as my hands trembled. Despite it being a year since the war was over, I still have memories from the battles and nightmares. They weren't constant like it use to be a year ago. Loki's voice then rang out at once. "What are you doing up so early?"