Chapter 25: The Offer

We exchanged a look before walking inside his office, which was rather spacious, containing many shelves filled with books, a fireplace, many candles throughout the room, a chalkboard filled with notes, huge glass stained windows, chairs, and a desk filled with books, papers, glasses, and other stuff. He who remains poured some type of liquid into two different cups as we slowly approached him.

"Please take a seat." He who remains urged as he continued to pour different liquids into the cups.

He then placed the cups down on a table beside the chairs. "Two sugars, Loki. Dooku, a cup of the finest Echani wine. And Storms, two cups of Echani Green Tea."

I looked at He who remained in shock. How did he know that? I glanced over at Dooku, who was just as baffled as I was. Seda raised an eyebrow. "How did you get that tea?"

He who remains shrugged. "I have my ways. I heard it's loaded with caffeine, which is why your people's warriors love to drink this before mediation, battles, or training. So I decided to give a try. But it's very strong and bitter."

We remained standing as we reached his desk. Loki raised his sword towards He who remains. As much as I'd like to let Loki kill He who remains, I knew it wasn't wise to rush into things. Perhaps he could give us clarity. Then, we'd decided what to do with him. With this in mind, I placed a hand on Loki's good arm. Immediately, Loki turned to look at me.

"Let's not rush into things, Loki. Let's hear what he has to say first." I suggested.

"If I were you, I'd listen to her." He who remains advised.

Loki gave me one last look before glancing back at He who remains. He then let out a sigh. "...Fine."

We then sat down across from He who remains, who sat behind his desk. He looked over at Seda and Sylvie. "Been a long journey for you, hasn't it? Lot of running. Lot of pain. And you..."

He then glanced over at Loki. "You're a flea on the back of the dragon. In for one hell of a ride. But you managed to hold on. Mmm-hmm. Guess that counts for something."

He who remains then looked over at Dooku and me. "And you two, you were victims, dragged into this entire mess. None of this was your fault, and yet here you are."

"I'm not sure you quite understand the situation. You've lost. We found you." Loki argued.

He who remains seemed unfazed by this. "Duh. Of course you did."

Sylvie grew frustrated as she lunged towards he who remains. However, He who remains vanished, appearing behind his chair. "Whoo! A swing and a miss."

Sylvie growled, returning to her seat. I could feel her rage growing, while He who remains chuckled, clearly amused by all this. "So, we're still doing that, hmmm?"

I was curious to know whether I could read his mind or not, so with that, I reached out to the Force, feeling my surroundings around me, sensing the serenity and chaos in a balance. I then reached out towards He who remains, but I couldn't sense or see anything, baffling me. He who remains must've known what I tried to do as he let out a laugh. "I knew you wouldn't be able to resist looking into my mind."

"But how...?" I questioned. "I couldn't sense anything at all."

"You're not the only genius here, Storm. I have my inventions as well." He who remains retorted before changing the subject. "Let's get this all out of the way."

He then grabbed a book before plopping it down on the desk. He then opened it up before flipping through the pages. "Okay...Here we go."

He who remains took out a few pieces of papers before placing them down on the desk in front of us. "You can't kill me because I already know what's going to happen. See?"