Chapter 40: The Guardians Of The Multiverse

"Your worlds are either under attack or soon will be by Ultron, an artificial intelligence elevated to a cosmic being thanks to an enhanced synthetic body and the powers of the Infinity Stones." The Watcher explained.

I remembered Loki talking about Infinity Stones and how there were several just lying around in the TVA's drawers. Strange then showed us an illusion of six stones, of different colors: blue, red, yellow, purple, orange, and green.

"Six stones of near unfathomable power." Strange informed us. "Each controlling an essential aspect to our universe. And Ultron holds them all."

"I might be able to help with that." T'Challa offered. "I've stolen more from worse."

Erik raised an eyebrow, an amused look on his face. "Seriously? You really are from another planet."

We then moved towards the couches and chairs, sitting down as Strange continued explaining to us what we were going to fight against and what the plan would be. "We believe the only way to stop Ultron is to separate his body from the stones."

"But this Ultron could be hiding anywhere in the Multiverse?" Peggy inquired.

"Yes." The Watcher nodded.

"Behind an army of killer droids?" Iretia questioned.

"Afraid so." The Watcher confirmed.

"And armed with a full set of stones?" Gamora inquired.

"She's got a point." Strange stated.

"I never said it would be easy." The Watcher protested.

"But what you're asking sounds impossible." Miona chimed in.

Erik scoffed. "This is a suicide mission."

"Um, excuse me, yeah, is there a universe of Chinese food that has alternate dimension delivery?" Thor asked, letting out a chuckle. "Tummy's getting rumbly."

I exchanged a look with Strange, who glanced over at the Watcher. "You picked them."

The Watcher let out a sigh before food in boxes. We all grabbed a box and a pair of chopsticks. I opened up my box to find noodles, reminding me of the Corellian buckwheat noodles back in my homeworld. I sat in a couch next to Delmira and the older Storm. I glanced over at Delmira, curious to know what her relation was towards Anakin.

"You're related to Anakin Skywalker?" I blurted out.

Immediately, Delmira whipped around to face me, looking baffled. "You knew my father?"

I was taken back upon hearing her words. Anakin's her father? Realizing she was expecting an answer, I forced a nod. "Uh, yeah, he's one of my best friends. He's like a brother to me. He always had my back, whether it be in battles or against the Jedi Council. You wouldn't imagine how much trouble we would get into."

Delmira cracked a smile. "I can't imagine..."

"I'm not in your galaxy, am I?" I questioned.

Delmira gave me a sad smile. "No, I'm sorry. But I wish you were, I'd love to hear more about your stories with my father."

I smiled. "I'll gladly tell you anything."

Delmira's smile widened at my words. Iretia then chimed in. "In my galaxy, Anakin, Ahsoka, and I would do our own plans during the war."

"You related to Obi-Wan Kenobi?" The older Storm inquired.

"No, he's actually my husband." Iretia clarified.

Miona, Delmira, the older Storm, and I all exchanged baffled looks. What? She's married to him? The Obi-Wan Kenobi broke the Jedi Code? Out of all people, Obi-Wan disobeyed the Jedi Code. I wish I could've seen that. Gamora then intervened. "I hate to break up this conversation, but we need to come up with a plan if we're going to beat Ultron."