Chapter 19: The Loki Variants

"I had my suspicions, but part of me still held hope...that somehow you would be the Storm from my timeline." Dooku admitted.

"Your Storm knew of the Kree, didn't see?" I asked as I turned back to my human and Echani form.

Dooku nodded. "Yes. And I assume you were kept in the dark?"

"Pretty much." I confirmed.

"Your mother told me things of your father...secrets that she wanted to be kept from the rest of the galaxy." Dooku explained. "But in my timeline, once you were all old enough, she told you everything that she and your father had been hiding from the four of you."

"Care to enlighten me?" I inquired.

"Because I was in the Jedi Order, Sincra kept Veda hidden, knowing I would be expelled from the Jedi Order. But I did my best to be the father she deserved...from afar--" He began.

However, I cut him off. "I know that. What I meant was my father's secrets. He's not who he claims to be, right?"

"He's not an Echani nor is he human, like he has fooled the rest of the galaxy." Dooku confirmed. "His real name is Tâtsâ Kopra, he was born on Dathomir like his younger half-sister, Asajj. His parents were Revra, a Dathomirian, and Nukat Kopra, the last of the Sith pureblood. A deal was struck with a Sith Lord known as Darth Plagueis. He wished to create a Dathomirian Zabrak and Sith hybrid, one that would become his. They had help from the technology of the Sith along with a blue alien species from a different galaxy, creating your father. This species are called the Kree, they were obsessed with creating warriors."

"As soon as Tâtsâ was seven, he was turned over to the Sith. He was trained and tortured. Darth Plagueis tried to break his spirit, but your father wouldn't give in. He became Plageuis's assassin, doing his bidding. But finally, when he was fourteen, he managed to fake his death, fleeing to Corellia. The Kree were furious. The deal they had forged was destroyed, and so the Kree left our galaxy to continue their experiments elsewhere. There he became a mechanic working for the Corellian Engineering Corporation." Dooku continued. "After a while, he caught the attention of the owners of the place, Boccran and Mangis Ca'ana. And they adopted him. Veda and him met somewhere in Tyrena."

I sat there, taking in everything he told me. It was all too much to take at once. The Kree...I remember there was a crazy warlord by the name of Ronan while I was on Rattatak. He had mentioned that he was a Kree from the planet Hala...But then again, I couldn't complain, I asked him to tell everything. I just didn't think it would be a lot. And how did know all this intel? I wasn't sure why, but I felt the need to tell him how he died. Part of me hoped that if there was still some good in him, he'll turn back to the light once I tell him exactly how he perished in my timeline.

"If you ever manage to escape this place, would you return to the Sith?" I questioned.

"Of course. Why wouldn't I? The Republic is corrupt and the Confederacy needs me." Dooku informed me.

"Yes, the Republic is corrupt, because Palpatine is in charge." I pointed out. "In order for the Republic and Jedi Order to continue and flourish, Palpatine or Darth Sidious, whatever you wish to call him, needs to be overthrown."

Dooku was taken back by my words. He shook his head. "No, he's the reason I joined the Sith. He promised to restore order to the Republic and Jedi Order."

"Well, that's not what happened. You were betrayed by Sidious." I protested.

"No, I don't believe that. Sidious isn't capable of betraying me." Dooku argued.

"But he does." I insisted.

Dooku scoffed. "How do I know this a trick, a lie to attempt to bring me back to the Jedi Order."