Chapter 33: The Heist

I quickly scanned the cockpit console, locking in the coordinates before grabbing the flight stick, moving us off the ground and into space. I looked over at the seats, finding Hondo sitting in the chair next to me, leaning back, while Zeb, Tyria, Aves, and Koa sat in the back of the cockpit. After I entered hyperspace, I took out my datapad, beginning to work on the identification papers, the official document, and the chain code. Obi and Stass wanted to come along with us, but I urged them to remain behind with Silais. They stayed behind with the backpack that Obi had conjured up for me. It took a lot of convincing, but eventually they stayed, to my relief.

"Just like old times, eh, Ca'ana?" Hondo inquired, elbowing my side.

"We never worked together." I shot back.

I still hadn't forgotten our first meeting, when he decided to keep Dooku and me trapped in their cell within their pirate's lair. Of course just because I remembered that didn't mean that I held a grudge against Hondo, that wasn't the Jedi way. Nevertheless, I was very wary and cautious around him.

"Oh really? And how about that one time on Florrum?" Hondo reminded me.

"What happened on Florrum?" Zeb questioned, looking intrigued.

I let out a sigh. "An old enemy wanted revenge on a friend and me for what we did to him in the past. He had his brother with him. My friend and I had two other Jedi with us, who were also good friends, but they were killed off by them."

"The two hornhead crazies were about to come after us all, but Kenobi and Ca'ana here volunteered to lead them away from us. I protested, worried about them. I urged them that there had to be another way." Hondo mentioned, lying to them about that day.

"You were more than happy to leave Obi-Wan and me to Maul and Savage." I corrected.

Hondo let out a gasp as he laid a hand on his chest, feigning that he was hurt. "I only left because I knew you could handle yourself."

"Uh-uh, sure." I replied, not believing a single word he uttered out. "Why don't you tell the rest of the story then?"

Hondo let out a nervous laugh, especially upon seeing the stern look on my face. "...Oh no, I...I just forgot how that story ended."

I gave him a satisfied look before glancing back down at my datapad to focus on my work. After about a few minutes, I finished fabricating a chain code, identification papers, and an official document, forging the signature of the Emperor himself. Once I had everything in order, I send copies of everything that I had made over to Lassa, like she had urged I had done back in the parlor.

"Thanks, Ca'ana. We're coming out of hyperspace in three...two...one." She informed me.

Once we pulled out of hyperspace, I saw the planet surrounded by two star destroyers. I let out a gasp. This better work or we're all kesseled. I waited for Lassa's orders, which wasn't an easy task. I anxiously sat there, bouncing my leg against the cockpit console. I hated waiting, not being able to do anything. I took out my locket before fidgeting around with it. Hondo's eyes fell on my locket. "Hey, I've never seen that before."

"That's 'cause you weren't meant to see it." I protested, pulling the locket to my chest.

He raised his hands in the air. "Whoa, no need for harsh words. Just curious, that's all."

"Who's the boy?" Another voice rang out.

I spun around to see Zeb, standing right behind me. His green eyes rested on my locket. As soon as he looked back at me, he wore a sheepish smile. "That is...if you want to speak about it..."

"He's my younger brother. I haven't seen him in years. He was taken by the Nightsisters when he was just eleven." I informed them. "I was devastated, but I wasn't there...neither were my sisters, Maya and Jinx. We were all at the Jedi Temple. My Master noticed I was out of it, so she proposed a trip to visit my parents. Jinx and Maya weren't so lucky as me, they had missions which couldn't be postponed...so it was just me. I went to the crystal swamps, which was the last place he was seen. And there, I made a promise that I'd get him back...whatever it took. All that mattered was getting him back safely."