Chapter 27: Torn Apart

Tears pricked my eyes as I kept my gaze on Loki. Sidious let out an evil cackle as he picked up his lightsabers. Frigga, Obi, and Stass shouted out. "Dad!"

At that moment, Loki gave me a wink, baffling me. Why would he do that? Loki looked back at Sidious. A smirk grew on his face. "Nice try. But you'll have to better than that, you hideous wilted prune."

Green beams surrounded Loki before he vanished. It then hit me, Sidious impaled an illusion of Loki. I stared in awe, forgetting he could do that. Sidious was taken back. Loki's words echoed in my head. "Sidious is the one who should be prepared. I've got several tricks up my sleeves."

The real Loki appeared behind Sidious. Realizing that Loki may need help, I scrambled up onto my feet. Sidious recovered as he swung his lightsabers towards Loki, who deflected his attacks with ease. I rushed over towards them, helping Loki out. Together, we managed to keep up with him. But then all of the sudden, I felt a grip on my throat before I was lifted up in the air. I glanced over at Sidious to see one of his clenched hands in the air. I swung my legs around in an attempt to free myself, but it was all done in vain. I looked over at Loki, who looked terrified.

"Storm!" He exclaimed.

Sidious then raised a lightsaber before throwing it towards me. I watched as Dooku threw himself in front of me, taking the lightsaber that was meant for me. The crimson blade impaled his stomach. My eyes widened in horror. Seda was just as devastated as she let out a battle cry, raising her lightsaber in the air. She then pounced towards him. Sidious immediately broke his concentration, whipping around to face Seda. I fell to the ground, letting out a wheeze as I placed my hands around my throat, feeling that the pressure was gone. I began to cough, while I gasped for air. Loki rushed over towards me, looking terrified.

"Are you all right?" He asked.

I was still coughing, catching my breath. So I merely nodded. He then placed a hand around my shoulders, helping me up. Once I was up on my feet, Loki released his grip around me. I looked back to see Seda and Sidious, clashing their lightsabers against each other. How are we going to beat him? Even with the four of us, he's too strong, too powerful.

"Loki, what are we going to do?" I questioned. "Sidious is too powerful, even with all of us."

"He can be defeated, darling. And we will." Loki assured me.

"But how, min eharl?" I inquired.

Loki slipped his right hand in my left hand. "We'll do it together."

Loki then glanced around, spotting Frigga, Obi, and Stass. He raised his left hand, motioning them to come towards us. I furrowed my brows. "Loki, what are you doing?"

"We're going to need all the help we can get." Loki commented.

As soon as they approached us, Loki spoke again, explaining his plan to them. "We will fight Sidious all together. He doesn't stand a chance against all of us."

We watched as their eyes lit up. No doubt they were happy to help us out. My heart warmed upon seeing their faces. With that, Frigga, Obi, and Stass stood beside us as they held each other's hand. I then glanced back over at Seda and Sidious to see Seda on the ground. Sidious hovered above her, raising his lightsabers, prepared to strike her down. I looked back at Loki, who gave me a nod. Green beams emerged from his right hand, making its way towards my left hand. I reached out to the Force, focusing on centering myself. All of sudden, I felt a sudden burst of strength and power, more than usual, baffling me. I glanced over at Loki, who wore a knowing smile on his face. 

"Lead the way, darling." Loki advised.

I gave Loki and the triplets one last look before turning around and shouted. "Hey Sidious!"