Chapter 16: You Never Cared?

My heart shattered at her words. Despite her harsh words, she had a point. Everyone who was around me, usually left or they were killed, like Master Jinn. I remained silent as her words hit a little too close to home.

"Jinx!" Maya scolded.

Jinx ignored Maya as she shot me one last dirty look before storming off, pushing me to the side as she passed by me. Maya gave me a sympathetic smile. "I'm sorry about, Jinx. I'll talk to her."

I nodded, unable to say anything. Maya placed a hand on my shoulder, giving it a squeeze before leaving me. Tears filled my eyes as I now stood in the hallway, alone. I was then back in the refectory, sitting at the table with a tray before grabbing a plate of nerf sausage, a bowl of Rycrit stew with a side of starblossoms from Alderaan, and a glass of blue milk. I looked around, rather baffled. Then I heard the same whispers from earlier.

"Did you hear Master Dooku left the order?"

"Really? Why did you think he left?" One inquired.

"I heard he had an argument with the Jedi Council." Another murmured.

"Well, I overheard he invoked his Right of Denial." A third Padawan mentioned.

My heart dropped. I quickly realized what this is. It's a time loop...I mentally groaned. I'm stuck within a time loop of one of my own memories. I've got to give it to Mobius, it was clever, but cruel. 

•••

After what felt like an hour of going through the same memory, Mobius appeared in the refectory, looking around, taking in the view. Meanwhile, I sat down behind a table, staring at my tray filled with food, feeling numb. Once Mobius approached me, I dared to look up at him, who had a stern look on his face. The Mobius that became Loki's and my friend was gone. We were back to the beginning, where he was just an agent, interrogating Loki and me.

"You ready to talk?" Mobius questioned.

I gave him a timid nod. I then followed Mobius out of my time loop cell, making my way back into the Time Theater room. Mobius and I made our way towards his desk. I sat in a chair across from him. Mobius sat down behind his desk. I glanced around to see Loki nowhere to be found. Was he still in his time loop cell? My mind couldn't help but wonder what Loki's time loop was?

"What were you and Loki doing with the Variants?" Mobius inquired, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"What did it look like? We were trying to survive from being obliterated." I rebuked.

"And I told Loki and you to wait." He reminded me. "That could've been avoided if you listened."

"Had we waited, we would've never gotten another chance. We managed to get to the Variants." I protested.

Mobius scoffed. "That's not the reason why you went with them. They had a TemPad. And I know that you know that."

I mentally groaned. He didn't believe me. And who knows if he'll believe anything else I saw. My mind then wandered back to Loki. I wanted to protect Loki, keep him away from getting killed by Thanos, protecting me along with his brother, and our son, Obi. Perhaps Loki will be spared if I take responsibility for what happened. I took in a deep breath before putting on my best Sabacc face on. As much as I hated this, I'm going to have to pretend to be like Naexle.

"Fine. You want the truth? I was using them all...Seda, Sylvie, and Loki." I rebuked. "They're all just pawns in my plan."

"Wow, would you look at that? The Storm that was seemingly the good and kind one turns out to be the master criminal. I did not see that coming." Mobius replied as he picked up his stylus, writing something down.