Chapter 42: The Many Rebel Cells

~Third Person's P.O.V.~

Once everyone left, Natasha and Storm Sousa remained behind, staying with the Watcher. Storm kept her gaze on the door, reluctant to return to her home universe. What was left? Nothing but ruins...The Watcher's voice rung out, reminding them he was still here with them. "Then there were two."

"I won't go back there. My world is..." Natasha trailed off, taking in a deep breath. "Gone."

"So is mine. There's no point in going back...I don't want to be alone." Storm mentioned.

"You won, but we both lost." Natasha stated.

The Watcher's shoulders slumped, watching them with sympathy. "I cannot in--"

"Intervene?" Natasha cut him off, letting out a scoff. "Yeah, I know. We're just stories to you. We're not real."

"All this time, you watched us fight, win, and lose." Storm argued.

"Tell me, did you make popcorn while Ulton murdered my friends and burned my world to the ground?" Natasha questioned, her words laced with anger.

"You are more than that to me." The Watcher assured them.

"Are we?" Storm asked, doubting his words.

"You, your stories, they are everything to me." The Watcher reassured them.

"Then fix my world, our worlds." Natasha urged.

The Watcher wore a grim look. "I can't, Natasha."

Anger and pain filled both Storm and Natasha. They both lost everything, and the Watcher had the power to fix it, but he refused to do a thing. Why? They both helped him out, stopping Ultron, who could've destroyed the entire Multiverse.

"I'm not walking through that door." Natasha retorted.

Storm crossed her arms. "Neither am I."

The Watcher shrugged. "Well, the door was more of a metaphor."

He then waved his hand, and suddenly they were on top of a Helicarrier. Natasha and Storm looked around in awe. Asgardians, who were lead by Loki, were fighting against Captain America, Captain Marvel, Nick Fury, and even a young Storm, who fought with two lightsabers, but they were a blur of colors with how she was fighting. Jets were firing at the Asgardian ships, which were flying all around the Helicarrier.

"Where...where are we?" Natasha asked, looking around in awe.

"On a world that lost their Widow." The Watcher explained.

Storm raised an eyebrow, glancing over at the Watcher, who seemed to know what she was thinking. The Watcher immediately responded. "No, I have another world in mind for you, Storm."

Natasha cracked a smile. "It's a mess. Thank you."

The Watcher bowed his head. Natasha glanced over at Storm, giving her a smile. "Good luck."

"Thanks, you too. Seems like you won't be getting rid of me that easily." Storm teased, gesturing to the younger Storm, who was quickly making her way towards Loki with a fierce look on her face.

"I wouldn't have it any other way. Besides I have a feeling we'll get along just fine." Natasha mentioned.

"I don't doubt it." Storm confirmed.

With that, the Watcher and Storm vanished. They appeared on Eshan in front of a cottage that Storm knew all too well. Her breath hitched. Where were they, or better yet, in what universe where they in?

"Where are we?" Storm asked.

"In a universe that lost their Storm. Their Storm died, fighting against Palpatine, who threatened to return. She sacrificed herself, so the galaxy could live." The Watcher explained.