Chapter 3: That's Enough

"I thought you said you'd be willing to comply." Mobius pointed out.

"That was before I realized what you were gonna show me." I rebuked.

"What did you think was going to happen?" Mobius asked. "We were going to have a little tea party and sing kumbaya?"

I furrowed my brows. I didn't understand what he was talking about. But I knew it was sarcasm. "Well, I didn't expect you'd torture us."

"No one is torturing you, Storm." Mobius replied.

"And yet here you are making us talk about memories and emotions that neither Loki or I wish to discuss, so yeah, to me that's sounds like torture." I shot back.

"I believe what you just described is therapy." Loki pointed out.

"You don't look like a psychologist to me. And besides, I don't have any illnesses." I protested. 

I then glanced over at Loki, who stared at me in awe and shock. "I didn't know you did that."

"You didn't need to know." I retorted before glaring at Mobius. "And where were you when this was happening?"

"Oh we were right beside you, cruising through the Sacred Timeline." Mobius informed me.

Mobius let a out a sigh before reaching out to the computer. The hologram then transformed into the Senate Chamber inside the Senate Building on Coruscant. I sat beside Palpatine in his podium along with Mas Amedda and Sly Moore. The Storm in the hologram wore a white dress along with a crown of red roses along with the beads the Talids gave me in my hair. I still had the beads in my hair. My stomach churned. I remember this day...I watched as Palpatine rose, gaining everyone's attention.

"We are here today to honor Jedi Knight Storm Ca'ana and her accomplishments on Ando Prime. She has shown courage, determination, and most importantly unconditional loyalty to the Republic. On behalf of the entire Senate and Republic, I give you the Star of Coruscant combat medal."

Palpatine then raised the golden medal with the symbol of the Republic attached to a blue ribbon before hanging it around Storm's neck. He extended out his hand, which she shook. The entire audience erupted into applauds. A smile grew on her face. Palpatine then whispered into Storm's ear.

"You see what happens when you remain quiet? Things will get much better for you if you don't say a word, my child."

Storm kept that smile on her face. Mobius then turned to face me as he paused the hologram. "You claimed to be brainwashed. And here you are, keeping a huge secret from the Jedi Order and the others."

"I was brainwashed. That's no lie. And here I was being blackmailed. If I said something, he would've made my life terrible for me." I protested.

"So you were concerned with your image? Your status?" Mobius suggested.

I couldn't believe what he insinuating. He didn't know a thing about me. I clenched my fists as I narrowed my eyes at Mobius. "I was concerned with keeping my family and friends alive. He threatened to hurt them if I didn't comply."

"So you were afraid of his power, of what he could do." Mobius mentioned.

I scoffed. "I'm not afraid of anything..."

But that was a lie and both Mobius and Loki saw through that lie...I could tell by the looks on their faces. But before anyone could say anything, I blurted out. "And where were you when all this happened? When the Empire rose? All those innocent lives?"

"We were there, watching it all unfold." Mobius informed me.

And that's when it hit me. Even if I somehow managed to avoid Palaptine's wrath, the TVA would've intervened, so I wouldn't reveal to anyone who Palpatine truly was. Now I was furious with his words. Giving into my anger, I slammed my hands onto the table, causing both Mobius and Loki to look at me, rather baffled. But I was too enraged to pay attention to them.