Chapter 9: Mission To Roxxcart

Upon hearing his voice, I turned around to see Loki, walking towards me. He sat down in a chair next to me. He kept his gaze on the hologram as he spoke up. "I was wondering where you wandered off to." 

"I was just reminiscing." I replied.

A smile appeared on his face as he continued to stare at my memory as Tarom, Nova, Maya, Jinx, Gida, and I made our way though the mediation gardens, trying to escape from Master Kota, who continued to threaten us. 

"I never took you for the pranking type." Loki commented.

"And what type did you take me for?" I questioned.

"The one who always follows the rules, doing what she's told, never having any fun whatsoever." He mentioned.

"Well, then, you don't me as well as you thought." I replied.

"I suppose I don't." Loki admitted.

After a few moments of silence, I spoke up. "How did you...accept who you are? As a Frost Giant?"

"Well, I had help." Loki mentioned.

I raised an eyebrow. "Who helped you?"

"You did." He answered. "You helped me realize that I'm no monster, a person with feelings like anyone else."

I was taken back. I helped him with that? As I glanced down at my hands, I noticed that they were turning red all of the sudden. I mentally cursed. I hated how I had no control over this. I wish I had never discovered what I truly am. I clenched my fists as tears threatened to fall from my silver eyes, which no doubt were turning yellow.

"I don't know how I helped you, I can barely help myself." I admitted. "I feel like a monster, a hideous one."

Loki shook his head. He then made his way over towards me. The memory up on the wall was now long forgotten. Once Loki approached me, he gently placed a hand over mine. And instead of pulling my hand away, I decided to keep my hand within his grasp.

"No Storm, you are no monster. You are a person with emotions and feelings. You are beautiful the way you are. Whether you are in your human form or in this form." He assured me, giving my hand a gentle squeeze.

"....Loki, I know you are trying to cheer me up...but growing up, I was told that the old race of Sith were monsters as most of them embraced the dark side of the Force. It's where the Sith got their name from. And as for the Dathomirians, it's not any better...most if not all witches, using dark side magick, and the males, they were transformed by the dark side."

"But that's who you are. You're a Jedi, Storm." Loki pointed out.

"Was...The Jedi Order is gone. It's been destroyed, slaughtered." I corrected him. 

"Yes, but the ideals of the Jedi live in you." Loki stated.

He was right. The ideals of the Jedi live in me, and I was part of what was left of the Jedi Order. But my heart clenched as I remembered what I did during the Clone Wars. It didn't change what I did in the past though.

"But you've seen what I've done in my past." I protested. "I...I can't change what I've done."

Loki gave me a grim look. "I understand, trust me. But all you can do is accept what you've done. Believe me, you are not a monster..."

I watched as Loki hesitated. "...And if you are a monster, then so am I."

My heart dropped at his words. I didn't think he would say anything like that. I may not know him like his Storm, but I knew enough to know that he was misunderstood. He made mistakes, like I did. I wasn't perfect, on the contrary, I was far from it. We then fell silence, unsure of what to say. He was right. But I was baffled by his actions and words. I didn't expect him to care a lot about me, doing everything to cheer me up...Should I still push him away? Yes, it was the right to do...to protect him. I then pulled my hand away from Loki, turning to look at the hologram, missing the pained expression on his face. After a few minutes of silence, I then paused the hologram, causing Loki to look at me with eyes wide open. "Oh come on, I want to see what happen nexts. Does he find you?"