Chapter 22: The Calm Before The Storm

Loki grimaced. "I know it sounds bad, but I was curious...I wanted to know what happened to you after Thanos killed me. I didn't watch everything, I promise. But I'm sorry..."

I couldn't help but wonder exactly how I died. I now know that Sidious kills me, but how and where did he end up killing me? So with that in mind, I spoke up. "I forgive you, but can you show me that memory?"

Loki hesitated. "But you already know. I just told you."

"I know. But I want to see it for myself. Please." I pleaded.

"Are you sure about this?" Loki asked.

"Yes." I assured him.

Loki then raised a hand, engulfed in green beams, towards me. As soon as his hand reached my forehead, I saw the memory, my last event, according to the TVA. But nothing could prepare me for what I was about to see.  

I now found myself in throne room that I had never seen before. There was an amphitheater filled with people covered in black cloaks. As I looked around, I saw a man I didn't recognize with black hair and brown eyes, standing next to me along with a woman with brown hair that was pulled up in a bun. They both held blue lightsabers as they looked over at me. On my other side stood a boy, who looked a lot like Alotren, but he had blue eyes, like Loki. He carried a blue lightsaber in his left hand.

I smiled, recognizing that he's probably one of Loki's and my children. I then saw Sidious sitting on the ancient Throne of the Sith. My smile immediately vanished. Right in front of him stood a Dathomirian woman with long black hair with yellow glowing eyes like Sidious. I was lying on the ground, but I quickly stood up as Sidious looked back at me in awe. "You have grown more powerful since the last time we met."

"You have no idea what I've gone through." I retorted. "You have risen again only to fall again, I'll make sure of it. Anakin's death will not be in vain."

A scowl appeared on Sidious's face. He then extended out his hands, pushing back the man with black hair towards the edge of the room. My eyes widened as I blurted out. "Ben!"

The man named Ben hit the ground with a loud thud as he shouted out. "Aunt Storm! Rey! Anakin!"

My heart clenched. Aunt Storm? Anakin? No doubt the boy was Anakin and the woman was the one called Rey. With that, Rey, Anakin, and I lunged towards Sidious, but from his hands, bluish purple lightning emerged, hitting all three of us. I could feel my entire body engulfed in flames, ready to tear itself.

As I weakly glanced back up, I watched as the starfighters above us were engulfed in Sidious's lightning. I then heard Rey whispering. "Be with me. Be with me. Be with me."

I followed her example as I reached out to the Force as I whispered the mantra that my grandfather taught me. "I am one with the Force...the Force is with me. I am one with the Force, the Force is with me." 

At that moment, I heard the voices of all the Jedi from the past, who I knew. Obi-Wan's voice rang out. "These are your final steps, Storm. Rise and take them."

"Storm." Anakin, Ahsoka, and Caleb all said in unison.

"Bring back the balance, Storm, as I did." Anakin urged.

"In the night, find the light, Storm." Master Unduli advised.

"You're not alone, Storm." Master Windu chimed in.

"Alone, never have you been." Master Yoda informed me.

"Every Jedi who ever lived lives in you." Master Jinn mentioned.