Chapter 13: Cover Blown

"I eplehagen står møyen den vene. Og synger: Når kommer du hjem?" Loki sang.

Then he clapped his hands before turning back towards me. He placed his hands in mine before spinning me around. I let out a squeal as I held onto his hands. I couldn't help but laugh as I looked back at Loki, who smiled back at me. After what felt like several minutes, he released my hands.

"Men traner danser og fossene stanser. Når hun synger, hun synger, 'kom hjem...When she sings, she sings come. When she sings, she sings come home!" He exclaimed.

Once Loki finished singing, he lifted his glass. "To Storm, everybody."

I was taken back, not expecting him to dedicate the song to me. Everyone around Loki cheered and applauded. Loki then finished his glass before smashing it to the ground. "Another!"

Sylvie and Seda approached us at once. Sylvie wore a stern look. "You're drunk."

"No, I'm just full. But bear in mind, I'm very full." Loki corrected before turning to the counter of the bar table as he grabbed a plate containing a pastry. "Now, I need you to try this. It pairs very nicely with the Figgy Port."

Loki looked around. "Who's got the Figgy Port. You have to take my word on the Figgy Port."

"Where's your uniform? We're meant to be laying low." Sylvie reminded him before looking over at me. "And where's your dress?"

I was so caught up in the moment that I didn't even realize the dress was gone. I glanced down to see myself wearing suit that the TVA gave me along with the Variant jacket. Loki shrugged. "Nobody cares. It's the end of the world."

"I think something's happening." Sylvie replied.

"Yes." Loki confirmed before looking up at the ceiling of the train. "Uh, that planet is about to crash into us."

"Don't be an ass. I saw some people looking at you weirdly." Sylvie informed us.

My heart dropped. That wasn't good. Loki glanced over at Sylvie, taken back by her words as he blurted out. "What?"

He then dropped the plate, containing the pastry. Loki glanced down at the plate for a few moments before looking back up at Sylvie. He furrowed his brows. "When did you get so paranoid."

"It must've started when I spent my entire life running from the omniscient fascists you both work for." Sylvie retorted.

Loki let out a sigh. "It's a shame to let that go to waste."

"Are you seriously so worried about a piece of pastry?" Seda inquired.

Loki nodded. "Yes."

Seda shook her head. "You're a nerve burner."

Loki smiled. "Thanks."

"Uh, that's not a--" I began.

However, Seda cut me off. "No, it's a compliment. One of the highest."

Loki wore a grin before changing the subject. "Hey! Change of subject. I thought of an answer."

"To what?" Sylvie questioned.

"Your question." Loki answered.

I raised an eyebrow. "What question?"

"Love is a dagger." Loki mentioned as a dagger appeared in his left hand. "It's a weapon to be wielded far away or close. You can see yourself in it. It's beautiful. Until it makes you bleed. But ultimately, when you reach for it..."

Sylvie reached out to grab the dagger, when it vanished. "It isn't real."

"Yeah." Loki confirmed.