Remember Me

sparks by Coldplay

"So how'd you know that he was your one? That he was the person you were going to spend the rest of your life with?"

"He looked at me like I was his moon"

"Did you get butterflies when you two kissed?"

"No no it was a feeling of calmness; like everything in the world came together"

"I don't understand how you can possibly love someone that much"

"It's simple really. My love for him. His love for me. Without him I wouldn't exist. Dramatic that may be, without him I'm just a person"

"And that isn't enough? Your objectifying yourself for a man"

"No. I'm happy. Don't differentiate my happiness for objectification"

"What if you two never get back together? What if you can't come back from this?"

"Mhm he's my home"

"What if your not his?"

"He'll still be my home"

BEEP BEEP BEEP

I turn off the alarm clock on my phone that was supposed to wake me up. I look at the ceiling with the past conversations I've had with my friends about Harry and I. All of those seem so long ago when we're faced with this reality. It's like a circle.

Because what if even though we came back from that we can't come back from this. She's not my wife. How can you be my wife? Three years of his life is to put it directly gone.

I breathe in and get off the couch walking into the kitchen. The sound of a door opening makes me drop the coffee mug in the sink. "Fuck" I gasp out picking up the broken pieces and throwing them away.

"Uh good morning" That voice. It's his I just woke up voice. The raspiness with his accent more prominent. I smile slightly and turn around.

"Good morning" I say taking in his clothes from yesterday. Out of everything I was supposed to do I never showed him around the bedroom. "I forgot to show you where everything is uh follow me and I will" I brush past him and walk into the bedroom. "These four are yours and the left side of the closet is yours as well. The shower is pretty easy just turn the two end knobs. There's towels in the cabinet below the sink. If you need anything just shout" I say quickly wanting to leave this room.

"Thank you" I nod my head numbly and walk out. I close the door and lean against it while the tears fall silently. I slide down and quietly sob to myself wishing more than anything to have my husband back. Because what if we can't fix this. What if he's my home but I'm not his. What if this is it.

After an hour he comes back out and sits at the table silently. I hand him a cup of coffee and sit across from him. Silence surrounds us. Nothing like before.

"Baby pass the milk"

"I already made your coffee the way you like it H"