4. 𝐵𝑖𝑟𝑡ℎ 𝐴𝑛𝑛𝑖𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑠𝑎𝑟𝑦

Start from the beginning

I looked her directly in her eyes and a mix of fear and desire pooled in hers as her chest rose and fell heavily. "Maybe next time you could at least try and hide the mic," I said as the small black wire peered out of from between her tits. A look of shock appeared on her face and I smirked as I looked down at her as she tried to fix it. "I allowed you reporters in here, but I wasn't aware you all were going to try to seduce me."

"I-it's not—"

"Who do you work for?" I questioned as I leaned my arms on the bar and scanned the busy room.

"Nobody," she replied quickly.

"Darling," I chuckled deeply as I swung my head back to her. "It's not a good idea to lie to the devil, now is it?" Not being able to say anything, she shook her head quickly before her eyes darted around the room. She must've been looking for whoever she was working with, but when she found and said nothing, my patience's dissipated.

My hand gripped her hair and she trembled as I pulled her closer to me. I lowered myself to her neck slowly as her heartbeat quickened and drowned out the noise in the room. My eyes met with hers once again and I could see her desperately trying not to cry. I let out a soft breath against her skin that painted goosebumps down her arms and I loosened my hold on her hair. My hand moved lower until it was at the middle of her back and I pulled her to me once again, but this time I lowered my head to her chest area and kept my eye contact with her.

"If you don't reveal yourself to me," I spoke into the mic carefully. "I will kill your precious employee, and then you when I find you...and I will find you. Meet me in the outside garden in one minute or she's dead." When I was done with my message, I stood up straight and adjusted the tie on my shirt. I noticed her watery eyes looking around for any help and I gripped her chin to face me. "Patience is not a virtue of mine. Do something stupid and I won't fucking wait to kill you, are we clear?"

She nodded slowly and I mocked her movements. "I want to hear you say it."

"I won't do anything stupid."

"Good girl." I grabbed her arm forcefully and moved her in front of me before walking to the door leading to outside. There were a small number of guests scattered outside in the garden, but most of them went back inside once I walked out. I continued walking down the cracked pavement, black roses slipping their way through the fissures, and stopped walking once I reached a bench. "Sit."

She did as I said and I paced the small area in front of her as we waited for whoever she worked for. I glanced at my watch and then back at her and grimaced. "Damn, they just don't give a fuck about you, huh?" She finally started crying when no one showed up and I picked her up by her arm again, knowing my next move. "Well, a promise is a promise, right?"

I led her deep into the woods and she clawed at my arms for me not to do anything. If everything went as I knew it would, I wouldn't be killing her tonight, but I needed her to think I was. "No, no...please!" She sobbed.

"I'm not cruel," I lied. "I'll let you choose how you die. I have a gun, I could snap your neck, drain you of your blood, HELL, I could throw you into the fiery pits if that's what you're interes—"

"Drake Kincaid!" She yelled. "He hired me to drug you and then take pictures."

"Why?"

"I don't know," she sniffled.

"I just know what he told me to do tonight."

"Hmm," I hummed as I blew out a frustrated breath. I looked back down at her and nodded before turning on my heel. "Have a goodnight. Nice costume by the way, I hate it."

I heard her break down as I walked away, but I ignored it and made my way back into the palace. Xavier waved me over to him when I passed through the doors and I held a finger up to him for him to wait.

I walked to the corner of the room where Hades was speaking to D and he raised a brow when he saw me. "Damn, I like this costume. What is it?"

"I didn't even dress up," I muttered as I looked around the room. When I looked back at him, I fully noticed his costume, and I raised a brow. "And what the hell might you two be?"

"Jessica Rabbit and Roger Rabbit," D answered happily.

"Who the hell are they?" I questioned curiously.

"You don't ever keep up with things on Earth, do you?" Hades asked in disappointment. I shrugged at his words and he shook his head at me.

"Do I want to though? You're dressed as a damn rabbit." I glance at his costume fully once again.

He looked at me blankly as D laughed. "Why did you come here, Syn?"

"Drake Kincaid tried to drug me tonight," I said calmly as I looked around the room. "I need you to notify the men to find him for me."

"Find him and do what?" D asked cautiously.

"I'm going to kill him."

"Syn, you can't do that. The vampires will rebel against you," D warned as Hades nodded in agreement. "Would you risk an uprising over this? Why not just talk to him and—"

"He doesn't want to talk!" I snapped in a low tone. "He wants the throne and tonight just proves the lengths he's willing to go to."

"I know and he's a shitty guy," Hades said. "But you stand to lose a lot from hurting him. Think about your next move, and if you still want to kill him, I'll fully support you."

"Fine," I grumble. "Enjoy your night." I turned on my heel to walk away quickly, but Hades called out for me and I turned back around. "What?"

"Happy 30th Birthday."

꧁꧂

Author's Note
Ughh, it's Halloween AND his bday and he didn't dress up😒. He could've at least worn his birthday suit😌

Syn was kind of an asshole in this chapter huh?😕🤭 Y'all prolly don't mind it lmaooLmk your thoughts ✨

Lmk your thoughts ✨