Chapter 35- Storm

I woke up with sun rays peeking through the window, my hand went beside my bed and I picked up my phone from the table

I woke up with sun rays peeking through the window, my hand went beside my bed and I picked up my phone from the table. I turn it on and it shows that it's already 11:30 am. I swiftly get out of bed and walk towards the washroom and start getting ready.

After the shower, I pick out a grey crop hoodie and black leggings, and ankle-length black socks. I go downstairs to see mom, dad, and Gio sitting on the couch and talking about something in a very rushed tone. I clear my throat to make myself noticed and all their heads turn towards me.

 I clear my throat to make myself noticed and all their heads turn towards me

Sapphire's Outfit 👆

"Good morning Princess," dad says and I reply to him with a good morning. "Your breakfast is in the oven honey." mom tells me and I nod. I go towards the oven and open it to see 2 croissants, a few bacon strips, and 2 sausages. I take a fork from the next drawer and sit on the island. 

As I was done with breakfast I heard faint baby giggles slowly increasing in volume as if they are coming closer. A few seconds later enters a laughing Valentina with Alexis chasing her with a big grin on her face. Val goes towards Gio and tries to mumble some incoherent words. 

When she knows she is unable to express what she wants to she says the most unexpected thing "Pa-pa" and makes grabby hands. Now all my attention is towards my big brother who has small teardrops in his eyes threatening to fall just any moment. He grabs her in his huge arms compared to that of Val's and hugs her to his chest mumbling something I am unable to listen to due to the distance between us. 

As he keeps her down Angela enters and looks around confused since all of us have big grins on our faces and Gio is wiping his eyes, as her eyes fall on Gio she immediately runs towards him and asks "What happened ?" and he just shakes his head.

"What are you hiding Geo? she asks him in a questioning tone. "Ask your daughter," he says smirking like he won something. 

"My baby, what happened ?" she asks her sitting on the couch. "Papa" she replies now speaking more clearly and Angela's face morphs into one with extreme happiness and she hugs her to her chest just like Gio. I quickly take out my phone and snap the picture of the mother-daughter duo.