I looked up only to send shockwaves of pain through my body. I see James walking towards Vaughn who's handing him the antidote. The bastard wasn't bluffing, he just wants to see us in chaos.

James did reach for it, but the moment he got it on his hand, he collapsed on the floor while heaving and coughing heavily and at the same time, I heard my kid doing the same.

I pushed myself to stand and endure the pain, but my body couldn't. I'm about to break down and my mind is starting to black out.

After seeing him shuffling down on the floor to get his bearings, James pushed himself to sat up and without hesitation, drank the antidote.

"There we go!" Vaughn celebrated and hot tears fell from my eyes.

"I'll kill you...." That was it. This sent me over and I lost control. All care was thrown out. Blood lust and last dose of adrenaline I have took over me, "I'm gonna kill you!" Now that I know he has nothing on me, I came for him.

Like a wild animal, I charged at Vaughn. He wasn't expecting me to be up on my feet so suddenly and he surely wasn't expecting me to attack him, but I did. I sent Vaughn down to the floor, dragging him through everything on the path. I made sure I was gripping on his injured arm so hard that my thumb had penetrated through the cloth. He was in pain, he tries so hard to get up and fight back, but there's no way in hell I'm giving him a chance again.

"You can't do anything!" Vaughn had lost it as well because he's still laughing after knowing I'm going to kill him, "They won't let you three get out here alive. Even if it means bringing this whole building down!" he said.

"Then they should expect I'll bring them down to hell with me!" I grabbed a piece of glass near me and stabbed it straight to his heart and then slowly pushing it in while twisting the glass. I'm making sure I'm giving him the most pain a person can feel before dying.

I enjoyed his tortured scream until he couldn't make sound anymore, yet here I am still driving the glass in.

Suddenly, my overwhelming emotions had caught up with me.

I screamed in frustration as my hand shake in anger and fear. My brain is melting too, I'm having a hard time focusing. I hated it when I don't have a solution to my problem.

"Mom.....mom," a voice suddenly pulled me out of my hysteria.

I wiped the blood out of my hands as much as I can before running towards my kid who's trying so hard to catch his breath. I held him close to me, feeling his hot skin with cold sweat.

"Mom, I can't...." He looked scared, he wanted me to hold him tightly as he's also holding on to me, "I can't breathe."

Since I had him, I've always told myself I should prepare for the worse. Knowing my job, knowing my past, and knowing who his father is, danger is always lurking around us and I should expect this to happen of worse comes to worse. But fucking hell, no matter how well you prepared for this, the pain is out of this world.

"No...no, Declan... No pleaseee" I said, feeling stupid and useless by not being able to do anything at this point.

"Y/N..." I heard a weak voice behind me and I don't know if I can look at him...not now.

Even when Declan was having difficulties keeping his eyes open and on me, I saw his stare shifted to someone behind me. There was a change on his eyes, but I couldn't tell what they meant, "Dad," he called for the first time.

"Y/N, look at me!" James commanded and I did, prepared to explode on him because that's the only thing I can do now.

But the moment I looked, James was still on the floor. He crawled near me and handing me something...a clear vial with yellow liquid inside.