Here I am again.

I know I can take him. I know I can just swoop in and kill the bastard, but I couldn't. If I do so, he'll take the antidote with him.

"Ooops," he said playfully and let go of one vial. We were too far and surprised to move. My stomach just dropped the moment the bottle shattered and the liquid scattered. Vaughn even stepped on it, kicking the shards away. My throat tightened and my eyes burned at the sight..."Luckily I have two. Oh wait....you have two to cure?! Oooh, bummer," he teased and I was being sent over the edge.

There's only one antidote left and there's two of them that the poison kills by the second. My estimated hours earlier doesn't stand anymore. The poison was obviously enhanced to kill fast. James and Declan were already showing signs of the final stage of the poison's effect.

Mix of furiousness and distraught are now clouding my mind.

"Give. Me. The. Antidote." James commanded again. He's a lot closer to Vaughn than I am. He was surprised with how Vaughn destroyed the other bottle, but he was so fixated on the remaining one.

"Don't worry, I will. I can see on your face you don't want to be humiliated anymore, because come on, Jim. Will you really let a mere woman and a kid bring the Napoleon of Crime down?" Vaughn said, "But...I don't think she will let you take this, don't you think?" he continued and I know exactly what he's trying to do.

For the longest time, even though our morals and visions often clash, James and I always meet halfway. I have always depended on that dynamic.....

"Don't worry, she won't interfere."

...But I think this time, that halfway didn't exist.

James said with a dangerously menacing tone and then, he charged at me.

I was too caught off guard. He came at me with no problem and I expected some punches from him, but what I got was worse. James used the taser on me which I think he took from my back when I helped him up earlier.

I screamed in pain in front of him. My body tensed and I fell down on the floor just like earlier. The taser was on its max and he still hasn't remove the contact after a few agonizing seconds.

"I'm sorry, Y/N," Even though my screams were loud, I heard him whisper.

Finally, the shock stopped but my body is paralyzed on the ground. I'm still feeling sparks which continuously sends pain throughout my body.

"Wow. You should have been that enthusiastic with her earlier. We wouldn't have a problem like this," Vaughn said, he's obviously surprised that James easily went for me.

I think my body and brain are beginning to give up.

I wanted to cry. I'm furious at everything - I should feel betrayed, and I should be going crazy on him now...but I don't and I know I'm not going to. Out of all the people in the world, I should be the one to know who Moriarty is and how he thinks and reacts. I should have expected this.

He's a psychopath. He's a narcissist. On his eyes, he's the superior among all, no matter what. No one and nothing can ever change that. There was no betrayal here, nothing out of character. I already made the mistake of believing he sees me as a partner, only to be left out for ten years so I shouldn't expect anything else from this.

This is him. Just who he is. It's him and there's nothing I can do about it. His survival instincts are kicking in and he's doing everything to prevent himself from biting the dust, but since our options are limited, what he is doing means the end for our kid and that's making me shake to my core.