ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɴɪɢʜᴛ ᴏғ ғᴀᴛᴇ 48 - ᴄʟᴇᴀʀɪɴɢ ᴄʟᴏᴜᴅᴇᴅ ᴍɪɴᴅs

Navya tapped her pen on the desk before her

Navya tapped her pen on the desk before her. She sighed while looking around Siddharth's cabin with sadness on her face. She looked back while hearing the door push. She smiled while looking at Siddharth who entered the cabin and shut the door behind.

"Good morning," he said cheerfully and got seated in his chair behind the desk. Navya smiled at him and spoke with the same cheerfulness. "Good morning, Bhaiya," she said and Siddharth raised his eyebrows dramatically.

"That's a rare occasion," he said and chuckled. Navya nodded with a smile. "I don't know why but I don't feel like leaving, yaar," Navya said again. Siddharth chuckled.

"But what do you like about being here?" He asked and made a face. Navya sighed deeply. "I don't know but something feels like missing. Like something is slipping off," she said. Siddharth smiled.

"Maybe it's not something but someone," he said while pointing out. Navya raised her eyebrows. "Maybe. Anyway, my whole life is here. Bhai, Kashvi Di, my nephew or niece, Chico, Ma, Papa, you, my friends, and," she said while making a thoughtful face.

"And your special friend, Rishi," Siddharth completed for her and started typing something in laptop. Navya frowned while looking at him. "Special friend?" She asked and shrugged.

"He is a good friend," Navya said while nodding her head. Siddharth mimicked her and Navya rolled her eyes as he let out a laugh. "Anyway, have you submitted your resignation yet?" He asked. Navya sighed and shook her head.

Siddharth crooked his eyebrows while looking at her. "Why not?" He asked. Navya shook her head as she spoke again, "I don't know how to write it beyond one sentence. I am leaving because I want to study abroad," she said and pressed a smile. Siddharth started laughing while hearing her.

"I will help you out but you need to stay for a month as a notice period. The rules are the same for everyone who resigns," he said. Navya nodded. "You don't need to force on the word resigns. I know you asked Oorvi Di to leave ASAP. I don't know if I should but thank you for doing that for Bhai," she said again and smiled.

"It's just my way of getting over my regrets, Navya. I have done enough mistakes in my stupidity and hurt Vansh. That Vansh who has always stood like a rock beside me," he said and chuckled sadly as he spoke again, "I won't hurt him again for anything or anyone. I have promised that to myself." Navya smiled.

"It's good. So apart from Kashvi Di, he will have you. I will complete my course and rush back too," she said. Siddharth smiled. "You will be flying, girl. Are you sure you will be coming back?" He asked again. Navya smiled and shook her head slightly.

"I'm sure, Siddharth," She said and smiled at him again. Siddharth just smiled. "Alright, I'll be happy and your Bhai will be happiest if that happens," Siddharth said again. Navya smiled and nodded.

"Let's write your resignation letter now," he said and raised his eyebrows. Navya smiled and nodded with a happy smile.

Vansh kept typing into his laptop while trying to concentrate but his mind was drifted. He gritted his teeth and hit the keyboard as he pushed it aside with anger. It fell on the ground with a loud thud. Vansh moved his legs to his chest while sitting on that ground and held his head while feeling reckless.