ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɴɪɢʜᴛ ᴏғ ғᴀᴛᴇ 16 - ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴛʀᴜsᴛ

Kashvi looked at her reflection in the mirror and sighed deeply

Kashvi looked at her reflection in the mirror and sighed deeply. "This is not going to go well," She said with frustration. Today was the day when she was going to appear in front of the world as Vansh Mittal's fiancee. The thought was scary and made her nervous but she didn't have any option. He was following the contract and she needed to play her part now.

A gentle knock on her door made her heartbeat rapid with anticipation. "I don't want to go," She whisper-cried but took another deep breath to calm her emotions and put on her confident self. She smiled while looking back at her reflection in the mirror and gave a nod to herself.

"Come in," she called as she got ready sometime back and kept the door unlocked while waiting for Vansh. He pushed it gently and walked in. He stopped at his place when he looked at her through the mirror. His gaze kept lingering on her while scanning her appearance but his expressions didn't speak anything much. Kashvi adjusted her Pallu and looked around awkwardly.

She wore a simple pearl white organdy saree that contrasts well with the multi-colored embroidered saree blouse. She accessorized the saree with a wristwatch, a choker necklace, and Jhumkas. Her hair was tied in a messy low bun and the make-up was something that she wasn't good at but with Tamanna's guidance, she managed a little.

Her gaze moved everywhere but him. "Sorry, I didn't have a dress that could suit the function and this saree... I didn't wear it since I bought it for a wedding. so I thought..." she was explaining further but he cut her.

"It's looking beautiful," he said and her gaze moved to him.

"Huh?" she asked in disbelief, trying to confirm if what he said was what she heard. He adjusted his black blazer above the waistcoat and stuffed his hands into the pocket of his pants as he spoke ahead, "I am glad you are standing up to my standards." She sighed and shook her head slightly. He won't change, no matter what! She rolled her eyes but didn't say a thing.

Instead, she moved her gaze on him. He anyway wears dark colors. Today was the same as he wore an all-black suit. That complemented well with her pearl-colored saree. He moved his hand up and looking into the black metallic watch resting on his wrist and then moved his gaze back to her.

"Let's go. We are getting late," he murmured and walked out of the door. She sighed and looked up while joining her hands together. "I hope it goes well," she whispered and took a deep breath as she followed him out.

The nervousness was evident on Kashvi's face as she sat on the backseat along with Vansh. The driver made their way through bustling roads. Vansh noticed her nervousness as she kept fiddling with her Pallu. He sighed and looked out of the window. "Don't answer any questions asked by media and leave it for me to handle," He said. Her gaze moved to him and she nodded.

"Also, don't stupidly keep playing with that Saree. Where did the confidence go? Or was it just for me?" He asked as he moved his gaze back at her. She sighed and shook her head. "I haven't attended anything that big as yet. Besides, everyone is going to be a stranger," she said and took a deep breath again before speaking ahead.