ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɴɪɢʜᴛ ᴏғ ғᴀᴛᴇ 1 - ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɴᴇᴡs

It was yet another day that came along with another disappointment to her side

It was yet another day that came along with another disappointment to her side. Kashvi sighed deeply and got seated on the bench kept near the park. Her phone vibrated one more time and she just groaned.

How the fuck did it go wrong? She thought and shook her head rapidly as she moved her head down and held it with both hands tightly. A few tears gathered on the edges of her eye but she blinked them right away. She sniffed further and sat straight after wiping her face.

Her mind was blank today to think anything. Her best friend of years, Advait kept calling her continuously knowing her story well but she refused to answer him today. She needed to think but her heart was scared. What was she going to tell her parents? They would disown her right away. She finally sighed and held the phone when it started buzzing again.

"What?" She shouted with frustration while taking it to her ears. "So it's confirmed?" He asked with worry. Kashvi groaned loudly as the tears gathered in her eyes yet again.

"What am I going to do, Adu?" She asked and was treated with a brief silence.

"Tell your parents first," He said calmly after some time. Kashvi shook her head rapidly. "No, they will throw me out," she said. He sighed again.

"So?" He asked. She clenched her fists and gulped a tear back. "I will abort," she said. He sighed with frustration.

"I can give you in written that you won't be able to do that," he shouted this time as the anger surpassed him. He knew Kashvi since junior years of their school and could understand her better than anyone else. Kashvi kept quiet not knowing how to handle the situation.

"Who is he?" Advait asked again silently. She kept crying silently without answering his question. "Kashu," he called again. She sniffed.

"What are we going to do anyway?" She said with defeat. She heard a chuckle from the other side and crooked her eyebrows in confusion.

"You are saying this? You? Out of all?" He asked and chuckled again while making her frown. "I mean you are the unavoidable Kashvi Deshmukh," he said again. Kashvi sighed this time.

"I might take care of him but what about Aai and Baba?" She asked again and sniffed. "Kashu," Advait said calmly but tears still escaped her hazel eyes and she sniffed.

"They were stopping me from coming here and I still let my stubbornness win," She said and wiped her face again with the back of her hand. She was basically from Mumbai but came to Delhi a couple of years back in search of a job. Advait was already settled in Delhi for his job as an architect and she just followed him there. Though job didn't get her so she just started her own thing. Selling her art and making a living.