ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɴɪɢʜᴛ ᴏғ ғᴀᴛᴇ 22 - ɢʀᴏᴡɪɴɢ ᴇᴍᴏᴛɪᴏɴs

Vansh walked down the corridor and stopped before the cafeteria while noticing a familiar face

Vansh walked down the corridor and stopped before the cafeteria while noticing a familiar face. He narrowed down his eyes to take a clear look and stuffed his hands into the pocket of his pants. Navya held a spoon before Rishi's mouth as she was forcing him to take something he wasn't willing to. She laughed over something but this time Rishi covered his mouth and gave her a horrifying expression. 

Vansh sighed and shook his head as he turned on his feet but stopped when Advait's smiling face greeted him. He sighed again, deeply this time, and looked aside uncomfortably. "Kashvi's birthday is coming," He said and Vansh raised his eyebrows while looking back at him.

"So?" he asked. Advait sighed this time and nodded. "I know you care least about it and don't worry as we will take care of most of the things but we needed some help," he said again. Vansh raised his eyebrows in questioning again.

"With what?" Vansh asked. "You just need to drop her at the venue," he said and smiled. Vansh glared at him with a plain face for a few moments and nodded finally. 

"Fine," he murmured and Advait let out a sigh of relief internally. "Great. I will send you the address when needed," he said again. Vansh nodded and looked around the cafe once again as his gaze stopped at his sister and Rishi again.

"When is it?" he asked again. "What?" Advait asked while raising his eyebrows. Vansh looked back at him with the same plain face. 

"Birthday," he said and Advait made an O-face. "Wednesday, next week," he said and Vansh nodded.

"Alright," Vansh said and walked past him but Advait stopped him again by calling his name, "Mr. Mittal." Vansh looked back at him with a questioning gaze. Advait smiled and faced him again.

"Would you mind joining us too?" he asked again and Vansh raised his eyebrows with confusion. Advait smiled and added further, "I mean Navya will join too, and Siddharth maybe."

"Those people are independent in the choices they make so I guess my presence won't really matter," Vansh said with a nod. Advait sighed and took a brief pause.

"Maybe not to us but Kashvi will like it if everyone would be there," he said. Vansh looked at him for a few seconds, not understanding the meaning of his sentence. What he didn't understand was why will his presence or absence affect Kashvi in any way. 

"I will think about it," He just said to let go of that topic. Advait smiled widely while feeling a little content with his answer. "Thank you," he said, and Vansh nodded as he moved his gaze to his sister, who was blabbering something while Rishi heard her with all of his attention.

"How do you know Navya?" he asked and looked back at Advait. Advait moved his gaze to Navya and back to Vansh.

"We met at your place first when I came to meet Kashvi," he said while making a face to see if Vansh remembers that day he went to his house. Vansh nodded.