ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɴɪɢʜᴛ ᴏғ ғᴀᴛᴇ 18 - ᴀᴅᴅᴇᴅ ʀᴇsᴘᴏɴsɪʙɪʟᴛʏ

Everything was going forward rather calmly as the days passed silently

Everything was going forward rather calmly as the days passed silently. Vansh was busy with his work but made sure to check on Kashvi regularly as he says she was his responsibility. Kashvi's work was taking most of her time as well. Other than that she would spend the remaining time with Navya or Chico. Navya was improving well but at a slow speed and that too without taking help from Rishi. She had an ego as big as her brother so she wanted to prove it on her own. Siddharth and Vansh were back on good terms as well as Vansh made efforts and apologized to Siddharth.

Though Oorvi didn't fire Advait he thought of taking a step down for his best friend. But Siddharth made sure he doesn't leave and continue with his work. He hired Advait without knowing his connection with Kashvi but how can he let him go after knowing he is a part of the family. So he just made sure Oorvi doesn't cross her limits again and badmouth Kashvi in any way.

A week passed just like that swiftly and it was already time for Kashvi's regular checkup. She started freaking out yet again. Vansh sighed while looking at her from the door. "What have you lost now?" He asked. She frowned while looking back at him.

"It's not funny, okay?" she said and he gave her a bored look. "You know the place and the doctor is friendly too. What now?" he asked again and she rolled her eyes.

"That won't change a thing. You won't understand me," She said and he sighed again. "Fine, let's go then," He said and her frown deepened.

"What now?" he asked while looking at her. She shook her head with a sad look. "You can tell me," he said surprising her and she looked back at him while raising her eyebrows. He looked away awkwardly while stuffing his hands into the pocket of his pants. She smiled lightly and shook her head.

"Just remembered how Aai would convince me whenever I was needed to go there," she said and smiled while looking down at her hands. Vansh's gaze moved to her involuntarily. "We never had much money so we never went out to eat much. And she knew how much I loved eating different dishes. So she would make whatever she can at home," she said again as a small smile stayed on her face. Vansh kept looking at her with a blank mind.

"She would tell me that she will make my favorite dish or buy me any accessories I was needed for painting," she said and chuckled before adding, "I would agree immediately." Her gaze was locked on the ground and his on her. There were no emotions on his face but her face was filled with happiness while remembering some of the best memories.

"We didn't have much but I was still happy," she said and sighed as her smile faded off.

"They gave me everything and in return, I offered disappointment always," she said and a tear radially slipped through her eye. Vansh gritted his jaw and looked away.

"Kids from our chawl started working and I would just struggle because of my stubbornness," she said and her sadness was evident in her voice. "I guess I never considered them," she said in a low voice. She stayed quiet while looking at her fingers with thoughts about her past clouding her already messed up mind.