Chapter 35

Jade's marriage proposal.

Leonard and Lily are on their bed laying down as they wait to fall a sleep in the night while looking up at the ceiling board thinking about what they going to do tomorrow morning at work.

While Leonard and Lily are waiting to fall a sleep, Lily then looks at her husband and starts playing with his chest.

"Darling, How was your day at work?."

Leonard replies, "my day went great but it was a little bit tiring."

"You will be okay darling. So how is your company progressing now with the sales?."

"Well, it's going great but its just needs some improvements on little sectors on which I'm thinking about hiring new employees."

"That will be great. I hope everything will go according to your plans."

Leonard nods and replies, "I hope so too darling."

The silent follows, as Leonard looks up while thinking about his company business. In few moments a vision flashes through Leonard's mind.

Leonard speaks, "Darling, there is something that I want to discuss with you."

"Sure, what is it Leo?.", Lily asks.

"On this weekend, we are going to have some guests coming to our house from canada."

Lily nods and replies, "Okay, who are they Leonard?."

"It's one of my business partner from the company who is going to visit us together with his family."

"That will be great, and don't worry I will start making preparation for their arrival starting tomorrow morning."

"Thanks, and also there will be a special surprise on that visit."

"What is the surprise about Leonard?."

"Well on that special visitor, we are going to have our future son in law who is going to come also."

Lily furrows her eyebrows and wakes up from the bed after hearing the news of the coming of her son in law on which wasn't told about.

"What?, what do you mean our future son in law?."

"on that day that they are going to visit us. I'm going to introduce to you my future son in law"

"Did you also consult your daughter about this Leo?."

"Of coarse not, there is no need of telling her anything right now."

"Yes there is, because she is the one who is going to decide a person whom she is going to marry on the future and it's not our duty to choose the spouse that she is going to marry to."

"Well, for me I'm going to choose a husband for her and nothing else."

"You don't even care about Jade's feelings after hearing this, why do you want to force her to marry a person who she is not in love with?."

"I know she will be broken heart after hearing such news, but I'm doing this for her own good."

Lily sighs and replies, "Why are you doing this Leonard, do you want to ruin my daughter's happiness?"

Leonard wakes up from the bed and looks at Lily.

"Listen the only thing that I'm doing is to protect my daughter from any guy who would want to take advantage of her because of my wealth and that is why I decided to choose a spouse for her who comes from a rich family also, and I think Henry is going to be a perfect match for my daughter Jade."

Lily looks at Leonard as she doesn't know what to say in order to convince him to change his mind about choosing a spouse for her daughter, and then she decides to agree with him and remain silent.

"Okay, so how are you going to explain this to your daughter?.", Lily asks.

"The only thing that I want you to do is to keep a secret about this for now because I want Jade and Henry to meet each other first so that they can create a good bond with each other before breaking the news to her about marriage plans."

Lily replies, "Okay as you say so."

"Darling it's midnight now, we will talk more about this tomorrow."

Lily replies,"Okay goodnight."

"Goodnight."

Lily switches off the bedroom lamps and then returns back to sleep together with Leonard.

******

It's 7:30 early in the morning, Leonard and his family are at the dining table, eating breakfast together before everyone in the house leaves and goes to work.

"Jade sweetheart. how are your studies going?.", Leonard asks.

Jade replies, "They are going great daddy."

"That is good to hear. I hope someday you will make me proud sweetheart."

"Don't worry about that daddy. I will."

As Leonard and his family continues eating, shortly Jade's phone rings. when Jade takes her phone and looks at the person calling on the screen, she then sees Sofia's name on her phone display.

Jade decides to stand up from her sit and says goodbye to her father, "Daddy it's running late right now. I have to go to school."

"Okay darling. I will see you later after school."

"Okay daddy.", Jade replies.

Jade leaves the dining room and goes far away in order to answer Sofia's phone call.

when Jade is far away from the dining room, she then answer her phone and speaks,

"Hello."

"Hello!, where are you right now Jade?."

"I'm still at home."

"Okay, when you arrive at school don't forget to notify me because there is some news about Justin that I want to give you and I think they will help you a lot on ruining Judith plans."

"Tell me right now Sofia, what are those news that you want to tell me. I want to hear them now?."

"I won't discuss with you this news through the phone. I think it's better if we discuss them while we are at school."

"Okay I'm coming right now."

Sofia replies, "Okay bye."

Jade hangs up her phone and goes to her room in order to take her school bag so that she can leave and goes to school.