Chapter 25

LONG TERM FRIEND.

Its Friday in the evening, Benjamin and Johnson are at the bar drinking while they are both at the table with their bottles of beers enjoying the music sung by the hired singer inside the bar.

While Benjamin and Johnson are talking to each other as they continues drinking. The singer looks at Benjamin closely as she sings which made Benjamin noticing her focus on him but Benjamin decides to ignore her as he continues talking to Johnson.

In few moments while the singer continues singing while her eyes are fixitate at Benjamin, Johnson notices her focus on Benjamin on which it makes him feeling confused.

Johnson furrows his eyebrows and asks, "Dude have you noticed that singer?. she has been looking at you for quite long time now."

Benjamin takes a glance at the singer and replies,"yeah I have seen her already. I don't know what's up with her, she has been looking at me for quite longtime now."

"But dude that singer looks like she is into you so much. I can tell by the way she looks at you."

"I can see that too. But I'm not interested."

When the singer finishes singing the song, everyone at the bar starts applauding for her while Benjamin and Johnson also applauds too.

Johnson speaks, "Actually she is a really good singer for what I can say for now."

Benjamin replies,"Yes she is Johnson."

When the clapping is over, the singer decides to go to Benjamin's table in order to talk to Benjamin, and when she arrives, she finds Benjamin and Johnson talking to each other.

The singer greets,"Hello gentlemen. How is the drinking going?."

"Its going great Mrs.", Johnson replies.

The singer looks at Benjamin and asks him a question, "Sorry for asking but you look quite familiar to me. if I'm not mistaken you must be Benjamin right?."

Benjamin raises an eyebrow with a complete surprise and replies, "Yeah I'm. But how did you know my name?."

The singer grins and replies, "I know you very well we both studied together in the middle school Benjamin. don't you remember me?."

While Benjamin looks at the singer as he tries to remember her, unfortunately he failed to remember her name since it has been so many years since they last met.

"I'm sorry but I don't quite remember you right now. You know it has been so many years since we graduated from middle school."

"Don't be so dummy. its me Katherine your ex -girlfriend from the middle school. do you remember now?."

When Benjamin heard katherine's name, he then gets excited and replies to her

"Are you really Katharine from the middle school?.", Benjamin asks with a broad smile on his face.

Katherine replies, "Yes I'm. I think now you have remember me right."

"I'm so sorry. I didn't notice you much sooner. wow, you have really changed Katherine and you look so beautiful today."

Katherine blushes and replies, "Thanks, you too Benjamin. For now you look like a father compared when we were in the middle school."

"So where do you live now Katharine?.",Benjamin asks.

"Now I'm living in Texas here, and also i have been hired by the manager of this bar to be singer."

"Wow I think we will see each other more often from now."

Katherine replies, "Yes we will see each other more often."

Shortly Johnson intervenes the conversation between Benjamin and katherine as they speak.

Johnson clears his throat and speak, "Bro!" aren't you going to introduce me to your beloved friend or you going to ignore me the whole time?."

Benjamin facepalms and replies, "I'm so sorry Johnson for forgetting about you. Johnson this is my friend Katherine from the middle school, and Katherine this is my friend Johnson from work."

Katherine shakes Johnson hand and speaks to him, "Its nice to meet you Johnson."

"Its nice to meet you too.", Johnson replies.

"So Benjamin. what do you do for a living now?.", Katherine asks Benjamin question.

Benjamin replies, "I'm a graphic designer at the food delivery company."

"Which company are you working for right now Benjamin?."

"I'm working at the scorpion food delivery company." Benjamin replies.

While Benjamin and Katherine are talking to each other, the bar waitress comes to Katherine and whispers through her ear, " Katherine the manager wants to talk to you?."

Katherine furrows her eyebrows and asks, "But why?."

"I don't know he has just sent me to call you that's all"

Katherine nods and replies, "Okay go and tell him I'm coming."

The bar waitress leaves, leaving Katherine as she says goodbye to Benjamin and his friend Johnson

"Guys I wish I could have talk to you for so long but the boss has called me and its really urgent. I will see you next time."

Benjamin nods and replies, "Sure no problem. We will talk next time."

"Okay."

Katherine leaves Benjamin and Johnson standing and goes to her boss in order to listen for what he is  going to say.

Johnson speaks," Dude that girl is pretty nice to you."

"Yes she is. she has been like that since we were both at school."

Johnson checks the time on his watch, and the time reads 9:30 pm in the night.

Johnson speaks," its running late right now. I think we should start get going."

Benjamin nods and replies, "okay sure lets go then."

Benjamin and Johnson both takes their coats which were hanging on the chairs and leaves the bar heading back to their homes.