Chapter 5

THE HOUSE TENANT

Emily is doing some laundry inside her bathroom for her children while they are both at school studying with her bucket of water on her side and some laundry soap. While Emily is doing her laundry, in few moments the door bell rings from inside which perks Emily's attention as she is confused to who might me the person ringing the bell.

 "Who might be behind that door ringing the bell?. Is it Justin and Smith back home from school at this time?.",  Emily speaks to her inner  thoughts.

As Emily continues to speak to her inner thoughts without getting the right answers, she then decides to stand up from her stool and goes to the sitting  room in order to open the door.  

When Emily arrives at the door and opens it, she finds the house tenant standing outside the house while waiting for her outside with a fierce look on her face. 

 "Good morning.", Emily greets the house tenant with confusion on her face.

The tenant replies with an anger tone ,"I don't need your greetings now lady, where is your husband?."

After the tenant's reply, Emily is confused to why the house tenant is mad at her and her  husband since she doesn't know the reason for her coming.

"I'm sorry Mrs. Jane for asking you this but what seems to be the problem this time?.", Emily asks the house tenant a question out of curiosity.

The tenants exclaims louder with anger, "Listen lady, Did you all think that you were going to live in my house without paying any rent uh!, tell me?.  I need my money right now before I end up throw your things to the streets."

After the Tenant's  statement, Emily is shocked and surprised hearing that the house rent haven't been paid on time since it's unusual for Benjamin to delay paying the rent even though he doesn't do some of his other responsibilities as an husband and a father.

 "But  I thought Benjamin paid you a long time ago.", Emily replies to Mrs. jane with a confused look on her face."

Mrs. Jane exclaims, "No!, Benjamin haven't paid me yet and its almost two weeks now have passed."

After Mrs. Jane reply, Emily remains silent as she doesn't know what to answer in order to calm down Mrs. Jane's anger since she is right about the point of not paying rent on time.

 Emily then decides to apologizes, "I'm so sorry for what happened to you Mrs. Jane but I'm begging you to give me at least three days so that I can find a way to give you your money."

Mrs. Jane replies, "You better do that because if you will fail to pay my money this time, it's going to be something else ,Okay?."

Emily nods, "Okay."

"Good."

 Mrs. Jane leaves Emily's compound, leaving Emily  confused as she enters inside her house thinking on what to do in order to get the rent since she doesn't have any means of getting money. When Emily is inside the house, she then goes to the sitting room and sits down on the coach while thinking on what to do in order to get the money since three days aren't far away.

 In few moments while Emily is at the sitting room thinking, Her sons arrives home from school with their bags, and then Justin opens the house front door and enters inside the house together with Smith.

 When Justin and Smith arrives at the sitting room, they find Emily sitting on the coach while looking completely stress out since the arrival of the house tenant. 

"Mom are you alright?. What happened to you today?.", Justin asks his mother a question out of curiosity as he approaches her nearby.

Emily replies with a fake smile, "It's nothing son, I was just thinking about something on the past which end up making me sad."

 "Okay.", Justin replies.

Emily stands up from her seat and then gives Justin some instructions, "I want you stay right here at home with your young brother and don't go anywhere until I return back home." 

Justin raises an eyebrow out of confusion, "But why mom?. Where are you going now so suddenly?."

Emily replies, "I need to go somewhere in order to meet up someone very important, I will be right back."

Justin nods, "Okay."

 Emily leaves the sitting room and goes to  her room in order to prepare herself, leaving Justin and Smith sitting on the coach while talking to each other. When Emily is done  preparing herself, she then leaves the house and goes to meet up with Benjamin.