"Good morning," I tell him trying to seem normal, but then it hits me. "Ahh, I was suppose to be gone already, I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to intrude like this."

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to startle you, but it seemed as though you weren't having such a pleasant dream," he tells me honestly.

"No, no, I'm glad you did. I need to get up, I need to leave-"

"To be honest with you Coco, I didn't want to wake you up. It's been a joy having you here. Your presence here on the ship is nice. The atmosphere has changed since you've arrived, and you've really left quite the impression on the crew."

"Thank you, sir. If we're being honest here, it's been really nice being here. I haven't slept in a real bed for a long time. I just feel weird about bunking with strangers."

"Well then, maybe your temporary spot here can be permanent, only if you'd like. I'd hate to turn my back on a child. I don't have to be a stranger."

That last sentence was a little strange. I feel like it's much deeper than I know.

"Anyways, I'm sorry to wake you dear, but I just wanted to let you know that we will be taking another stop soon."

"Ahh, ok. Where are we going?" I ask.

"To a small village in the South Pole. It seems as though my nephew has found the Avatar."

"I'm sorry, this just seems unbelievable, he vanished one hundred years." I really want this war to end, and the fact that the Avatar is alive, and he's an airbender? It just seems to good to be true, but it's the best news I've heard in a long time.

"Looks like I'm meeting another great spirit today," I mumble half jokingly.

"You were visited by a spirit? Tell me about it."

"Well, when I was sleeping, The Spirit of Destiny came to me in my dream. He told me that Zuko has good in him, and that everyone is capable of having it in them, it just takes something special to bring it out. He also told me to always choose good and that my mother is alive. I don't know, everything is getting so crazy."

"Well, if The Spirit of Destiny visited me, I'd listen to him!"

"I'm still confused as to what I need to do. Maybe I can help end this war somehow, and restore peace and balance into the world, through Zuko maybe?"

"Maybe, what about your mother though?" He asks.

"Maybe the universe did this. Maybe she put us together so you can help me find her?! The spirit did say she's alive."

"When I first saw you laying on that ice, something told me that I had to save you. It was like the spirits were shouting at me. I know I haven't known you long, but I see myself as being a father figure to you."

"Thank you, uncle." I say politely and bow to him.

"Now, I must go train my nephew. Feel free to come and watch."

"Will there be tea?" I ask.

"Of course."

I know I haven't known these people long, but maybe it was meant for us to meet. Maybe they were sent to help me, and somehow I can do the same for them.

...

"Hi, Zuko!" I know we got off to a bad start, but I'm willing to be nice and cordial to him. If I'm going to stay here, it'll be better for all of us that I get along with everyone. And maybe Zuko just needs a friend.

I walk outside to find the crew sitting around while uncle and Zuko training. I'm in a really good mood, I feel like I have a purpose again. Maybe even having a mother again. I feel like brand new person

"Shut up, girl! I'm trying to concentrate. I thought she was leaving," He mumbles the last part.

Never mind.

"Oh, Kimi! Come, come, I have some roast duck here."

"Uncle, the Avatar has had a century to train. I can't beat him with basic fire bending techniques, you will teach me the next set!"

"Manners, Zuko," I correct him.

"I wasn't speaking to you."

"Is it possible to be at least a little nicer, especially to your uncle?"

"Girls are so annoying. Uncle, teach me the next set."

I clear my throat. I haven't known uncle long, but so far he's been nothing but kind, Zuko just needs to calm down.

"Please," he mumbles.

"Of course I'll teach you the next set, nephew!"

Zuko huffs and I smile in triumph. He's like a pet, the more you work with him, the better he'll behave. Maybe I'll start giving him treats.

"Good job." Uncle says and gives me a thumbs up.

"I don't know uncle, maybe I should be a little nicer to Prince Zuko? I've been here for almost a day and he already hates me."

"My nephew is very hard headed and needs someone to be stern with him."

"I guess you're right, I'll just ease up on the insults just a tiny bit. I really don't fill like getting killed today."

As uncle and I are talking, Zuko runs over to us.

"Uncle, we're here!"

"Ok, let's go Kimi."

"Shes not coming," Zuko scoffs.

"And why not?" I ask.

"Because you'll just be a distraction."

"I assure you nephew, she will be of no problem. She is looking for her mother." Uncle steps in.

"Yeah Zuko, I need to find my mom. I need to know why we left the Fire Nation and my father behind. Please, let me come," I beg.

"Fine, but do not get in my way!"

Yes! Kimi: 1 Zuko: None.

...