Since last week after his declaration that he was going to treat Athy like a proper princess, whatever the hell it meant, you had more occasions where you sat through torturous father-daughter tea time. With Claude showing his master communication skill, and Athy's all cutesy sucking up to her father, you had half the mind to throw yourself out the window just to escape the awkwardness.

And the worse part was being painfully aware of Claude's cold sharp eyes dissecting you.

At least the best part was you caught on with his subtle mood swings.

During the meeting you realized, Claude didn't try to Athy even if she behaved insolent and impertinent. As long as she kept her cheerful persona, Claude looked intrigued.

On the contrary, Claude turned bored when Athy behaved like a proper, formal child.

And as for you, if you kept quiet for too long, his mood would turn foul. Claude didn't even make effort to hide it, glaring at you coldly throughout the bonding time. You were forced to join in the conversation just to appease him.

The problem was you didn't know how to control your tongue. You were snarky and sarcastic by nature, it was an inseparable part of you.

How were you supposed to act like a proper lady with uptight conversation skills?!

Suspiciously, Claude never appeared offended by your horrible etiquette and disrespectful conduct instead he looked amused when you would pale after every comment. That sick bastard.

But you knew Claude's patience could run out anytime. Ah, this mouth of mine is going to death of me!

You stopped before the lake. It was beautiful with crystal clear water reflecting the blue sky. And the surrounding greenery just adding to its beauty.

Claude turned to Athy who had taken a shaky step back and kept her smile.

You swallowed thickly before speaking, "Your majesty I don't think Athy should go on the boat with you."

"Why?" Claude questioned, eyes sliding to you.

There are tons of reasons, you being the main concern but for now, I'll give you the most relevant one.

"It's dangerous for her to be near the lake. What if she falls?" You glanced at the lake. Though the lake water was clear, the bottom wasn't visible.

"Pointless concern." Claude said nonchalantly, "I'm with her, what's there to worry about?"

You swallowed the urge to flip him off. Pointless concern, he says.

You scoffed. Yeah, right!

Lily added, "Your majesty, (Y/n) is right. Princess--"

One cold look from Claude shut her up. You frowned.

Athy grabbed your dress with a nervous look to stop you as you opened your mouth to protest again. She was startled when Claude spoke to her.

"Don't you want to join me?"

As if a switch was turned, Athy beamed instantly, "Yep, Athy wants to go with papa too!"

"Athy, no--" You started.

"Papa is with me, so don't worry, (Y/n)!" She gestured for you to bent and pecked your cheeks and happily bounced to Claude.

You straighten up and watched nervously as Claude picked her up from her armpits and placed her on the seat before taking a seat across from her.

The boat moved, sailing away and growing distant.