𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒮𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃

Jayden sat there looking at the photos in his study. No one was allowed in there, well not anymore at least. All the maids in the household were very confused when he said that he would clean it himself and that no one was to go in there, but it wasn't their place to ask, just listen.

There was suddenly a knock at the door, interrupting the loving thoughts going through the young male's head. He stood up and opened the door, but not enough for the intruder to look in. His mother was on the other side with a worried expression on her face. While he had a blank expression, the lighting from the hallway adding lighting to his features.

"Sweetie?"

"Yes mother?"

She took a deep breath fearing how this conversation would go.

"You've been in your study room a lot lately. Is everything alright?"

"Yes."

"Are you sure, what are you doing in there?"

"Studying." he lied.

He didn't want to get his mom involved, because if it involved her, it involved his father.

"Can I come in and see what you're up to?"

"No."

They both stared at each other for a while. Now Jayden's mother wasn't one to pry, especially when it came to Jayden, but she was growing concerned with his behavior. She raised a brow at him, not expecting this behavior.

"Why not?" She asked in a stern tone.

"Because mother, I am very busy." He said in an aggravated tone.

She loved her son, but like all mothers, she wasn't going to tolerate that behavior. Being blinded by aggression, she pushed past him into the room, catching him off guard. His eyes widened as his secret was going to be exposed to his mother. She walked into the room, soon realizing why he wouldn't let her in. Seeing all these pictures reminded her of her worst memories that she wouldn't bother to talk about, not even her husband. She just stood there, flashbacks of her past surfacing within her.

"W-what is this Jayden?!" She panicked, more for the girl's sake than her own son.

"That's the girl I love."

He might as well be straight forward, there would be no way she would believe a lie he told.

"D-don't you think this is a bit much?" She started to cry.

"No"

She didn't want a repeat. She started to breathe heavily, and she gripped her hair. She ran to her room, to make sure Jayden didn't see the panic attack she was going through. She didn't know how she could fix this. She didn't want another poor girl going through the same thing she did...

Watching his mother leave with an odd stare, he closed his door before locking it. He went over to his desk with some items the girl he was infatuated with owned. Picking up her pencil, he twirled it in his hands deep in thought. The more he took, the more he didn't think what he was doing anything wrong.

When dinner came for the family, the tension in the room was thick. And Jayden's father sensed that. Looking between his wife and his son, he decided to say something.

"What happened?" He asked with narrowed eyes.

Jayden's mother looked up with widened eyes. She didn't want to tell him what she saw. If she did, he would influence it more on the younger male. She didn't want that.

"Nothing dear." She lied.

Jayden perked his head up. His mom always told his father everything, so why was this different? The older male wasn't convinced and turned to his son, disappointed his wife wasn't telling him anything.