𝒫𝓇𝑜𝓁𝑜𝑔𝓊𝑒

In the dark of the night, during the frigid winter, a woman was running. Tears were falling from her face, as the cold crisp wind was hitting her face as she ran. Sobbing, the woman came across what looked like a run down house. The woman grew some kind of hope as she ran into the house. She slowed her pace a little as she was looking for a spot to hide. What was she running from? It's more like who she's running from. Him.

Someone she thought she could trust, someone who she thought was so kind, supportive, funny, and most importantly who she thought she loved. It happened so fast for her, it was just a normal date that she was just enjoying with him. All she did was talk to a childhood friend they happened to bump into at a diner. I guess you could say he "snapped", he couldn't hold his jealousy back anymore. He killed him.

The woman ran into a bedroom, frantically searching for a hiding spot, running into the crusty bathroom. She stepped into the bathtub, closing the molded shower curtain. She quickly covered her mouth to quiet her breathing, as she sat down to make as little movement as possible. She sat still for a moment until she heard footsteps in, what she believed to be the bedroom that connected to the bathroom. Her heart rate increased, and she started trembling already knowing who it was. "Nora?" She refused to respond. She didn't want to die like her friend. She wanted to get justice for him, she had so much to live for, and the one person she trusted the most, was someone totally foreign to her. She heard him walking around the room, which grew the tension for her even more.

"Nora? Please come out and let me explain. I won't hurt you, that was never my intention. What I did was merely to protect you. He was going to try and take and manipulate you. I couldn't have that, could I?" He said. Nora shook her head, he's delusional, How could he think this was ok? She started trembling more, when she heard the slight creak of the bathroom door. The door was already slightly open when she arrived there, she didn't want to move the door to risk him finding her location. The footsteps got louder and closer as well as her heart rate. She was absolutely terrified.

On the other side of the curtain was the man chasing her, he glanced in the crack of the shower curtain to see any movement or shadow. He wanted his "darling", he wanted her to understand what he did was for the greater good! "Damn." He muttered, as he walked out of the bathroom. Nora heard the footsteps getting quieter and quieter. With this she grew a little hope for some kind of escape from this nightmare. She sat there for a while until she thought he had left. She can't stay in that house forever, she has to leave eventually. On alert, she walks through the house, her footsteps echo throughout the house. She finally approaches the front door, and stops. Nora takes a deep breath and tries to motivate herself to leave the abandoned house.

"Come on, I just need to get through the front door and book it!" She said to herself to help calm her nerves, since no one else can. Nora quickly opens the door and runs! Before she could get far she trips over something.

Her eyes widened as she turned to look at what stopped her from her escape, it was hard to see in the darkness, but she could smell it. Blood. She went to turn around to try and run, but before she could a foot was placed on her back. She gasped as the pressure was intensifying by the second. She glances up to see him! She goes to scream but before she could a cloth is placed around her nose and mouth. She, unfortunately, inhaled what was on the cloth. Chloroform. Her vision started getting blurry as he tried to struggle out his grasp.

    "My love I'm sorry I have to do this but you won't understand! Don't worry though! I'll get you everything you'll ever need and want! I know everything about you, so it'll be easy! So just sleep, and leave everything for me." He said. He already had everything prepared for her arrival. He was kinda glad that these events happened, he was trying to plan a good time to take her and make their little "love nest". He was her boyfriend after all. It would be sacrilegious if he didn't know everything about his future wife.

"Please.. S-stop t-this.." She tried speaking. He felt her body relax more and more. He pitfully looked down at her, 'She's just confused, that's all', he thought. He removed his foot off of her back thinking she was too tired to move. Well, he definitely took that for granted, as she quickly got up to run. Unfortunately she didn't get far, seeing as she was too tired to run. 'Crap! Crap!' She mentally yells. She didn't want this, she was so terrified of what was going to happen to her. Every possible scenario was coming to mind and she didn't want any of that. She didn't get to say bye to any of her friends and family. As her eyelids slowly became heavier as she saw the menacing figure approach her.

This was it for her. She tried to crawl away, but she was too exhausted. She only had a few more minutes before she was going to pass out. As she weakly tried to crawl away, she felt her body being lifted up. She looked to her right weakly and saw the man she was desperately trying to run from propping her up. "Come on, we really need to get home. You're filthy." He whispered. She shook her head, her eyelids slowly closed.

"Adam I said no." She whispered as she went out.

"Well you don't have a choice."