Tell Him To Go Home

The months go by and the kids keep trying to find ways to tell the others what is going to happen. They try writing it down and giving clues but they always get the same result that they always do.

Eventually, they begin to realize that telling them about it is useless but maybe they can still stop things. Maybe their intervention can change what happens.

If only Steve would let them intervene.

"Please, we can help! We've been training so much and you could use us," Sarah says.

Steve had come to say goodbye to Sarah. Steve and the team were going on a mission.

A mission in Lagos.

"You're too young, Sarah. You're not even 15 yet," Steve says dismissively.

"It wouldn't matter if I'm 25. You still wouldn't let us go. What's the point of training us if you aren't going to use us?" Sarah yells.

He didn't want to use his kids for a mission. They would be incredibly helpful in a fight and they are very skilled but no matter how skilled or trained, things can go wrong on missions. He won't risk them, he can't risk them.

"You train so you can learn control and have the tools to defend yourself. You're not going Sarah Elizabeth and that's final," Steve says.

He begins to walk away but Sarah stops him in his tracks.

"Well I'll just have JJ teleport us to the fight. You can't stop us from going, dad," Sarah says.

Steve has never really been the disciplinary type. He let the kids pretty much do whatever they want because they are good kids. They do what they are told and usually behave. He's never had to deal with them going against him.

"No, you won't. You want to know how I know that? If you three come, we are all going to be worried about you the whole time and you will distract us. What if you get Natasha or Wanda hurt because they are trying to defend you? You know I won't be able to focus with you in the field," Steve says.

She scowls at him and she has tears in her eyes. He knows that she won't risk them no matter how badly she wants to fight.

His kind hearted daughter just wants to protect him. He feels guilty for yelling at her because he knows she just wants to make sure her family is okay.

He drops to his knee and places a hand on each of her arms.

"Honey, I know you want to protect us but I need to protect you. You and the boys are my everything. You are the best part of my life and if I lost any of you, I would never be the same again. I know you want to help and if I could guarantee your safety, I wouldn't hesitate to let you come. I am so proud of how far you've come with your training. I'm not doubting your abilities, I just can't lose you," Steve says desperately.

She starts really crying because she knows that there's nothing she can do. She knows her dad is right, if she comes, she will put them in danger. However, if she lets everything play out, a bunch of people will die, Wanda will have to live with guilt forever, and the Sokovia Accords will be created.

"I just want to save everyone," Sarah says.

"I learned a long time ago that you can't save everyone," Steve says.

It's a lesson he's hated to learn but he's learnt it all the same. He wishes this was something he didn't have to teach his daughter but he doesn't want her to be a hero. He wants to be a hero so she never has to. He just wants her to be a happy kid.

"I need you to be careful on this mission. I need you to be really careful," she says urgently.

He can tell from her voice that her statement means more than it sounds. She's scared of this mission, but why? It's not much more dangerous than any of the other missions he's been on.