55. Fate or Rotten Luck?

Start from the beginning

Ces crossed her arms and looked at you accusingly, "Hmph! Wait, until Lily finds out about you."

Athy and you exchanged a look. Ah, Lily could be really terrifying when angry.

You sighed in defeat. "What do you want, Ces?"

"Just doing a little cleaning, that's all." Ces smiled sweetly.

You pouted at her, "You always blackmail me into helping you."

Ces puffed out her chest in pride as to say, 'that's right'

Athy sighed in relief. You saved both their necks.

Taking her relieved face you kneeled before wiping her chocolate stained lips.

"There all clean!"

Athy smiled at you, "Thank you!" Before she added, "I'm going to bring flower for you and Lily!"

"Athy don't wander too far, okay. Whatever happens don't go beyond the flower field." You warned.

You were suddenly reminded of the warnings Nora used to give when she wasn't there around with you to stay away from the forest.

You looked at the innocent child and only hoped she didn't have your inquisitive and innate curiosity to explore her surrounding. You had ignored Nora's warning and ended up almost dying. You could only hope she didn't share the same rotten luck as you.

You couldn't outright say there was the demons lair with one terrifying demon king residing there. Not amount of salt could drive away that terrifying creature and you wanted Athy far, far away from him.

"Athy understands!" Athanasia nodded at you with a bright smile that melted your heart. You pecked her squishy cheeks and gave one last warning.

"Ether, go with her." You said to your cat who was lazing in your head.

Ether let out grumpy sounds before jumping into Athanasia's eager arms.

"Bye, bye!"

You followed Ces, waving one last time at Athanasia.

Maids smiled at you as you passed by. You had stopped tormenting them when Athy  started took a like to them and befriending them. And unsurprisingly each and every maid fell victim to her lethal adorableness. They also became friendly with you so you saw no reason to pull their legs. Okay, occasionally you did stir up shit just for fun   but whatever.

"I'll leave it to you." Ces said and left to do other chores.

After cleaning the whole large rooms all the while cursing the enormity of it, you went outside to find Lily ordering the gardener.

You leaned against the pillar and watched her. Lily honestly handled the title of headmaid way better than the fatso did. Luckily she was kicked out for embezzlement or you would've made her life a living hell.

Your mind decided to wander off as soft breeze ruffled your hair.

Maybe now was the time you take Athy away from this place. Even though the circumstance was better than the last life, you nervously looked at the Garnette palace direction. You couldn't forget the ticking bomb living not far away.

Yeah, Lily and others would be sad. You could explain the situation to them and maybe even come up with some plan so they can tag along. But you preferred if they were kept in oblivious to the wreckage in the future. Because less they know, less their life would be threatened.

You eyes rose to the glimmering barrier in the sky. You couldn't forget the barrier. You couldn't teleport multiple people at the same time without facing the backlash.

Soul Bonded [Claude De Alger Obelia x reader ]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara