54. Her salvation and destruction

Start from the beginning

And when you finally gave up having any hopes, you met him.

It was your debutante. The most anticipated day of a girl's life. But it wasn't for you. That day your step-mother was more cold to you, your stepsisters more contemptuous. Because you didn't have a partner. You couldn't secure a partner because of your shy, meek personality.

On the day of the debutante you stood alone at the corner of the room in simple gown, sad eyes gazing down at the marbled floor.

You felt sick. You never been attention of so many eyes.  Their contempt filled eyes suffocated you. Even if you avoided it, you could feel them drilling into you coldly.

Not once did anyone took notice of your anxious self fidgeting nervously. If they did it was to show their contempt with sugar-coated words.

Feeling the scorn and disdain of the people, you felt crushed. So you ran away, the music dimmed, the murmur of the crowd couldn't be heard.

You stumbled into a dark hallway, gasping for air. Stopping in middle of the empty hallway, with no one in the sight you grew more anxious and fearful.

Mother will be mad, you thought nervously. Not once did you look up. The cold command  of your stepmother engraved deep in your mind.

The world was silent. Silence brought fear and despair. You felt yourself falling, sinking deep into the mute, dull world that slowly erased yoir existence

Eyes dulled in despair, you moved forward, the despair still clung onto your like second skin. But as you took a step, you collided into a hard chest.

Squealing in surprise, you fell back. Feeling your balance tilt you closed your eyes waiting for the pain but it never came.

A hand grabbed your elbow and prevented you from falling.

Your eyes widened and you gaped at the gloved hand wrapped around your elbow with big startled eyes.

Someone saved you.

You could only stare at the gloved hand in disbelief and shock. It was first time someone showed you kindness. Took notice of your existence.

It was only a small act of kindness but for someone like you whose been shown nothing but contempt, it was so much.

"Are you mute?"

The smooth voice startled you and you jumped, flushing a deeper red as you stammered out words, "N-no. I'm n-not! I m-mean I can t-talk. But I-I didn't but not because I'm m-mute. It just--"

The person infront of you sighed roughly at your anxious mumbling as though he was annoyed.

Your eyes stung with embrassment. As you squeezed your eyes shut and choked out a apology, "I-I am s-sorry..."

The person infront of you was silent. The expensive shoes of your saviour made you anxious.

The unknown person infront of her took a step closer. And you felt something soft pressed to your cheeks.

You flinched and your head shot up reflexively.

Dazzling blue eyes were the first thing you saw. You never seen anything so beautiful. Those eyes looked like sapphire diamonds. Your heart leapt up and skipped several beats.

You were in trance as his beauty enchanted you. Blonde hair that shone like sun rays. Sharp handsome features that stood out in crowd and finally jewelled blue eyes that made your heart sped up.