53- Rescue Mission

You and Jaden approached the condo door when Bryce rushed around the corner:
"Are you sure he's here?"

You looked at Jaden who sheepishly nodded:
"He's here."

Bryce didn't hesitate before kicking in the door. Nessa jumped up from the chair where she'd sat nervously holding her phone, waiting for a call.

Nessa: "You're making a big mistake busting in here. Do you know who my brothers are?"

Jaden stepped into the room and Nessa rolled her eyes:"Of course, the weak link

"Of course, the weak link."

Jaden: "I didn't have a choice, Nessa. What were you thinking, getting involved?"

Bryce: "Did Chase set this up?"

Nessa: "Aww, cute. He doesn't know about you two does he? Don't worry, your husband isn't clueless anymore at least."

You knew you needed answers that only Nessa could give, but in that moment you were too enraged to think about that as your fist connected with her face. Bryce and Jaden both looked shocked as you pushed past her limp body and swung open every door until eventually you found him in the bathroom. 

You: *seeing him out of it and tied to the towel rack*
"VINNIE!!!"

Vinnie seemed a little out of it and a little banged up but otherwise in good shape.

Vinnie: "Baby, is that you? I'm so sorry. I don't know what I was thinking."

You: *scrambling to free him*"Oh God, this is all my fault

"Oh God, this is all my fault. I think Chase was trying to get to-"

With his hand free he reached up and ran his fingers through your hair as you worked on on freeing his other.

Vinnie: "I know I made a huge mistake by coming home with a stranger from the bar. I was drunk and that's no excuse…"

You: "You came willingly? No, nevermind it doesn't matter. We can talk when we're alone."

Once you were home, you sent Bryce to deal with Jaden and you and Vinnie each got cleaned up and ready for bed. You'd been sleeping in separate rooms for months but tonight you curled up together on the couch, each waiting for the other to speak. 

Vinnie: *finally breaking the silence*
"I need to tell you something…"

You: *blurting out at the same time*
"Is this all because I haven't let you work for- Sorry you go first."

As you prepared to consider letting Vinnie back into the business, he started telling you the story of how he got involved with Jaden over the last month.

Vinnie: "It started as just a random run-in but we were both drinking and ended up too exhausted to fight. That led to a talk and I know you're not gonna be happy I got involved, but he feels so betrayed by his own family I really think he'd be willing to switch sides and I know what you're gonna say and you're right I should have stayed out of it-"

You: "Jaden is the one who found me and led me to you." 

Vinnie: "Just imagine what that will do to the Hossler family to have one of their own join the enemy? We could finally- Sorry… you could finally get the upper hand."

You realized it'd been a mistake to exclude him from the business he'd been a part of before you and promised to talk to Bryce about bringing Jaden on.

You: "and Vinnie, if it means that much to you I think we can figure out you returning to the business. I really did just want to protect you but I can see now anyone attached to me is in danger anyway."

Vinnie: "You were obviously right. I'm too trusting. I mean I just ended up tied up in a Hossler owned apartment-"

You: "We've both made a lot of mistakes but I just wish we could go back to when things were happier."

He agreed by pulling you closer and pushing his lips against you for the first time in months and you completely melted into him. You'd been scared about Nessa implying she'd told him about Chase or even that they'd discussed it after hooking up but as he held you close you decided to let it all go and hold onto him... to hold onto the future you were choosing.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: This revival is on pause but will return soon 😘