36- Dixie

*DIXIE'S POV*

Her sister had finally cried herself to sleep again and since Avani was there she decided to go find her dad. She knew he was refusing to help find Vinnie, but she had to try and change his mind for her sister's sake. She stormed into his office:
"Dad, you have to do something. She is not going to make it losing another boy she loves like this."

Dad: "Dixie, this isn't your business

Dad: "Dixie, this isn't your business. Go back to bed."

Dixie: "You owe her after the things she's been through. I'm not saying it's your fault-"

Her mom stepped into the office holding a flash drive:
"I am."

She and her dad both turned to look at Heidi in shock as Marc scoffed:"What are you going on about now?"

"What are you going on about now?"

Mom: "You did this! How could you… to your own daughter?"

Dixie: "Mom, what's going on?"

Mom: "This was all your fault. Every moment for since day one was all you and you let everyone suffer."

Dad: *finally putting 2 and 2 together*
"Dixie, go to bed. I need to talk to your mother."

Dixie: "Did you have something to do with Vinnie’s disappearance?"

Mom: "Worse. Your father is responsible for holding your sister hostage for weeks and lying to all of us."

Dixie stood with her jaw on the floor. All this time believing her sister ran away and all the fear and tears and he had been hiding that??

Dad: "She's lyin-"

Mom: *shoving the flash drive in his face*
"I was watching security camera footage hoping to find some hint where our daughter had been last night."

Your dad started laughing at her as Heidi screamed in his face:
"I overheard the conversation between you and Mr. Gregg, you monster."

Dad: *laughing*
"What are you going to do leave?"

Marc moved to snarl in Heidi's face:
"Go ahead and leave, you'll have nothing."

Mom: "I will do whatever I have to do to protect my daughters even lose you and all of this."

Dad: "You'll lose your daughters if it's the last thing I do!"

Dixie had enough and wS snapped out of her stunned silence:
"DAD!"

He turned to look at her having forgotten she was still there.

Dixie: "Over my dead body will you use me to threaten my mother. I'm 20 years old and a grown woman! No one will take me from anyone!!"

*END DIXIE'S POV*