41- Race to Save Vinnie

You stopped just short of climbing in your car when Bryce noticed that you were stalled and yelled out:
“Hey, you good?”

You couldn’t even bring yourself to answer as all the emotions of the night finally flooded you, threatening to wash you away. Bryce shut his car door and walked over to you. He pulled you into a tight hug:
“Awe, kiddo. I can only imagine how hard the last 24 hours has been on you. Talk to me.”

You felt safe for the first time in weeks and all the tears poured out; Tears that you didn’t even realize had built up:
“It’s all my fault. Everything. He was alive and waiting on me for months and I moved on too fast and now I’ve messed everything up.”

Bryce squeezed you even tighter and let you get out everything on your mind:
“I love Vinnie. I do. He’s all I want but how do I let go of all of this guilt."

Bryce pulled away and cupped your cheeks and made you look in his eyes:
"Listen to me! Stop! You did NOTHING WRONG! Whatever it took to survive what you went through was exactly what you should have been doing."

You: *rambling*
"I deserve everything I'm feeling right no-"

Bryce pulled you closer again in the kind of hug only a big brother can give and said:
"I am so proud of the woman you've become and I will take on anyone who makes you feel less than. Even if the person I have to fight is you!"

You laughed a little into his shoulder and he wiped away your tears and pushed his forehead against yours:
"Let's go get your boy."

You pulled out of the parking lot and watched Bryce following you in your rearview mirror. You'd meant every word of what you said. All you felt towards Chase was guilt. Vinnie had your heart. You glanced back in the rearview to make sure Bryce was still following but when you glanced back you saw a shadow stumbling down the road. 

You slammed on your breaks when the figure got close enough for you to recognize that it was Vinnie

You slammed on your breaks when the figure got close enough for you to recognize that it was Vinnie. He was bruised and bleeding but didn't seem to be terribly hurt. He held his hand to his forehead to act as a visor because of your blinding headlights. You threw the car in park as Bryce pulled off behind you. 

You jumped out of the car, leaving the door wide open and jumped to throw your arms around Vinnie

You jumped out of the car, leaving the door wide open and jumped to throw your arms around Vinnie. You kissed him and then pressed your lips to each bruise on his face, almost as if you were willing them to heal.

 You kissed him and then pressed your lips to each bruise on his face, almost as if you were willing them to heal

You: "Oh my God, Baby!! It's really you!"

Vinnie: "Are you hurt?"

You: "No, I'm ok. I knew I'd find you. Oh thank God!"

Vinnie: "We have to get out of here."

Bryce caught up and pulled Vinnie closer, frantically checking him over for serious injuries.

Vinnie: "I'm okay but someone was holding me and then they just let me go without warning. Did you do that?"

Bryce: "That was all your girl. She's kinda a badass."

Vinnie's eyes grew wide:
"Y- you came for me? Baby, there's something I need to tell you. The man who was holding me-"

You: *interrupting him my pressing your lips to him again*
"I already know."

Bryce: "We need to carry this reunion on somewhere safer. Are you sure you don't need to go to a hospital?"

You: "Wherever you go I'm coming with you!"

Bryce: "Your dad is looking everywhere for you."

You: "Over my dead body will I leave his side!"

Vinnie: "I'm fine. I'll call a doctor tomorrow."

Bryce: "Okay good. Vinnie can come with us. The boss will want to hear any details you picked up while in captivity."

Vinnie: "How did you find out where Chase was holding me?"

You: *changing the subject*
"Can we just leave Noah's car parked near the woods? I'm too overwhelmed right now to drive."

You rode in the back seat with Vinnie

You rode in the back seat with Vinnie. You were so wrapped in his arms that you were basically in his lap. 

You: "Bryce, how did you know I took off?"

Bryce: "Don't get mad…"

You: *sitting up straighter*
"Says everyone that's about to say something that'll make someone mad…"

Bryce: "I know the truth.  I know it was your dad who kept you in that basement. I know how you met Vinnie. I know everything so I've been watching you closer than usual."

You yelled so loud, Bryce swerved the car:
"You KNEW?! HOW LONG HAVE YOU KNOWN?!"

Vinnie: "Calm down, babe. Give him a chance to explain. You can explain, right?"

Bryce: "I overheard you two a month ago. I couldn’t do anything. You have to believe that because if I lost my job I would lose the ability to keep you safe. I love you like a little sister and couldn’t let either of you get hurt."