45- Wedding Pt 1

You ran into the house trying not to drop your purse and all of the stuff spilling out of it. 

Dixie: “Hurry, hurry. Mom is freaking out.”

You swing open her bedroom door to find her frantically pacing around the room.

You: “I’m sorry. Don’t kill me. I overslept.”

Mom: “I made breakfast and you weren’t here. Did you not come home?”

You: “No, I’m so sorry. I fell asleep watching the movie at Vinnie’s.”

Mom: “I’m not upset you stayed there; you’re getting married today so I’ve accepted you’re not a little kid anymore. I’m just disappointed. I really wanted to spend one last day with you.”

You felt awful as you realized how hard it must be on your mom to let you go. Especially since all she really had left was the jerk you’d convinced her to stay with. 

You: “I’m so sorry, Mom.”

Dixie: “I’m sure it’s okay. Right, Mom? I mean I spend the night with Noah all the time.”

Mom: “Of course, sweetie. Everything is okay. I’m just emotional because it’s my little girl’s wedding day. Ignore me.”

Dixie: “Bryce has been here all night helping Blake with security at the venue so I was already able to take one load over there with your dress and everything but Mom and I are mostly ready so let’s get you ready over there.”

You stopped your mom in the doorway and gave her a giant hug. You underestimated just how much she had done for you especially protecting you from your dad as much as she had. She really was ready to lose everything just to keep you safe and it meant everything. 

In the dressing room at the church, Dixie was scrambling to set out all of the things you’d be wearing. The dress, lingerie, veil…

Mom: “Are you sure you’re okay with Dad walking you down the aisle after everything he’s done?”

You: “I told you I forgave him. It’s okay, I promise.”

Dixie: “Is it really a good idea that we just let him back in? After everything he did to you?”

Mom: “We all would be on your side, sweetie.”

You: “We will all outlive that man so there’s no need to give up our wealth in the meantime. Besides, I have him under control now.”

The door to the dressing room swung open, interrupting anyone from responding. Avani walked in with a makeup bag as big as a suitcase and a smile that looked like she was more excited for this wedding than anyone. 

You: “Oh Lord, that’s a lot of makeup. You know me, I hardly ever wear much. I wouldn’t even know where to start with most of that.”

Avani: “Girl, I gotchu. You already know.”