25- Busted

You raced there and when you got inside, the house was completely empty.

Vinnie: “Bryce will probably be here soon.”

You: “He’s not here now is he?”

Looks turned to touches which turned to kisses and quickly you were moving to the couch. You sat in his lap as he rested his hands on your hips and guided your movement. It got so intense you sat back up to take a deep breath and his hand moved up to your neck and gripped as he pulled your lips back to his. He commanded every movement from your body until you couldn’t contain yourself.

Vinnie: *whispering in year ear, nearly out of breath*
"Don’t start what you can't finish."

Vinnie peeled you out of each layer as he placed kiss after sweet kiss on each piece of skin set free. You feel warmth spreading up from between your thighs as he holds you down against each push deeper. 

You collapsed against his chest trying to catch your breath when he suddenly sat up straight. You turned to come face to face with Bryce standing in the doorway, shocked. You grabbed the blanket next to you and quickly wrapped it around you as Vinnie got dressed and stumbled to explain:
“Bryce- It’s- Uh- I thought you were at the gym.”

Bryce: *throwing your shirt at you*
“Clearly.”

You scrambled to carry the pile of clothes to the bathroom so you could put it all back on while trying to figure out how he managed to walk in on you for the second time in your short life. You came out to find the boys screaming at each other. 

Bryce: “You can’t just do that in the middle of my living room!”

Vinnie: “Well it’s not like I have a bedroom behind a locked door?” She’s my girlfriend. Do you honestly think we just never do that?”

Bryce: “No, she’s the boss’ daughter first. Do you know what would happen if he found out about this?”

Vinnie: “Let me guess. Like usual, you’re gonna choose this job over your brother.”

Bryce: “That’s not fair. I’m trying to protect you!!!”

Vinnie: “If me being here is such a big deal then maybe I should just move out!”

Bryce: “Good luck dude. Reality check? You barely make minimum wage.”

You jumped between them as it gets more heated:
“Boys! Stop! You’re brothers, why are you acting like this?”

Vinnie stormed out and let the door slam on his way out.

You: “Nice Bryce!”

Bryce: “You know I’m right. If your dad found out I was allowing that, he would come for all 3 of us.”

You: “I’m not a little girl anymore. My dad and you both need to figure that out!”

You followed Vinnie out and found him sitting on the front steps of Bryce’s building trying to calm himself down. He turned to you:
“Do you know how hard it is to go from having my own life to feeling like a kid?”

You: “It’s not going to be like this forever, I promise. Let me grab my stuff and you can walk me home.”

During the walk home you felt him slide his hand into yours and tangle itself in between your fingers. 

Vinnie: “I’m really sorry I freaked out back there. I didn’t mean to ruin our night.”

You: “You didn’t. I have absolutely no complaints about anything we did and as for Bryce… he’ll just have to get used to seeing me in a relationship with you because I’m not going anywhere.”

Vinnie: “Do you really think so?”

You: “Do I think he’ll get used to it? Who knows.”

You laughed and turned around to point out Bryce’s car following behind you and watching you walk home to make sure nothing bad happened

You laughed and turned around to point out Bryce’s car following behind you and watching you walk home to make sure nothing bad happened. Vinnie couldn’t help but laugh too:
‘I meant do you think we’ll make it? You're used to a certain lifestyle, and comfort, and like protection. What if I can’t ever give you that?”

You: “All the money in the world couldn’t save Chas-”

You froze in your steps as his name escaped your lips and the world around you started to spin again: 
“I- I’m so- S- Sorry.”

Vinnie: “I’m just curious. Do you think the reason this keeps happening is because you aren’t ready to move on?”

You: *starting to cry harder*
“No! No! No!”

Vinnie looked back at Bryce’s car, confused as you dropped to your knees watching flashback after flashback speed through your head. 

You: “I love you. Please don’t leave me. Please. I’m trying so hard to be okay. Please.”

Vinnie dropped to the ground and wrapped you up in his arms, rocking you as you sobbed out floods of tears. Bryce pulled over and rushed over to you. Bryce looked around and hung his head with worry when he realized where you’d walked to without even realizing it.

 Bryce looked around and hung his head with worry when he realized where you’d walked to without even realizing it

Vinnie: “What happened? What’s wrong with her?”

Bryce: “This is where Chase died.”

Vinnie: “What do you mean? Like right here?”

Bryce: “Yes! There’s probably blood stains still in the street if you want to inspect it or you can get up and help your girlfriend.”

Vinnie shook himself out of it and lifted you up into his arms and carried you to the backseat of Bryce’s car. Bryce carried you in and laid you in your bed as your dad jumped up off the sofa and chased behind him.

Dad: “What happened to her?”

Bryce: “She was walking with Vinnie and-”

He turned and sneered at Vinnie:
“What did YOU do?!”

Vinnie: “I- I didn’t-”

Bryce: “No one did anything. We were passing the skate park where Chase-”

Dixie: *pushing her way past having heard the noise*
“Dad, you are NOT helping! Just go. Everyone OUT!”

She curled up next to you in bed whispering as everyone piled out:
“Shhhh. Shhhh. It’s okay.” 

You fell asleep still shivering from your sobbing in your sister’s arms.