26- Victim to Fighter

It'd been a few days and you were feeling much better. You had responded to a few texts from Vinnie but you could tell he was still freaked out by the other night. You threw on comfy clothes and went out back to find Bryce.

 You threw on comfy clothes and went out back to find Bryce

You: "Hey, can you drive me to see Vinnie?"

Bryce: "Yeah, uh- of course but are you sure you're ready to go back out?"

You: "I have to reassure him I love him."

You left a note for your parents and climbed in the car to wait for Bryce.

Bryce was trying to not upset you again so he'd ridden most of the way there in silence

Bryce was trying to not upset you again so he'd ridden most of the way there in silence. He'd worked up the nerve to glance in the rearview mirror and you smiled back.

Bryce: "You know he loves you, right?"

You: "I know he does. I need him to know the other night and every other time I freaked out about Chase doesn't have anything to do with him."

Bryce: "He knows that you went through an incredible trauma."

You: "But it doesn't affect how deeply I've fallen in love with him and I need to tell him that."

As you pulled in the parking lot Bryce hopped out to follow you in.

You: "Bryce. I need space. Look around. No one will get in or out without you seeing them."

He sighed and climbed back in the car, giving in.

Vinnie's face lit up with a smile when you walked in. He jumped up and wrapped you up in a tight hug and then pulled you down to sit next to him instead of across from him. You cuddled up and shared a pizza. You were both avoiding the subject of the other night, but it didn't need to be spoken. It was clear in every touch that this man would endure anything to be with you. You curled up even closer and breathed in the smell of his body soap.

The waitress walked up and you quickly asked for dessert

The waitress walked up and you quickly asked for dessert. You weren't particularly hungry, but just weren't ready to go.

You: "Do you want your own or to share with me?"

Vinnie: *looking in his wallet*
"Uh, I'm good."

You: "Baby I don't expect you to pay for all of this. I have my own money and I can pay for mine."

Vinnie: "You have your dad's money and I don't really want that to pay for our dates."

You: "It's honestly ok. I always have a $20 in the bottom of my purse, please just take it."

Vinnie: *sliding out of the booth to go pay*
"I said I got it, okay? Please just let it go."

You felt bad as you ate the ice cream. It would take some getting used to not spending money whenever you wanted but if it meant being with Vinnie then it was totally worth it.

Vinnie disappeared around the corner to head to the hostess stand where bills were paid as Jaden slid in across from you, again. You didn't feel anxious like the last few times. Instead you felt enraged that you couldn't just have a normal date night out without this monster interrupting.

You: "Your scare tactics are really starting to lose their effect the more you overuse them."

Jaden: "Your boyfriend obviously isn't any better at protecting you than the last one."

You: "You son of a bi-"

Jaden: "Hey now. This is a family establishment. Play nice."

You: "Or what? Go find someone else to threaten, Jaden. You've already taken everything from me."

Jaden: "Well that's not true. The new boytoy will leave an even prettier corpse, don't you think?"

Before you could react, Vinnie turned the corner and made eye contact and took off running towards you. Vinnie didn't know anything about Jaden, but recognized the distressed look on your face.

Vinnie: "Are you good baby? What's going on?"

Jaden: *winking*
"We're old friends, just catching up. Isn't that right?"

You felt the overwhelming need to hit him but Vinnie interjected:
"I think it's time for you to go, dude."

Jaden: "Or what? You'll go get your brother?"

Vinnie didn't hesitate the same way you did and pulled back to deck Jaden in the jaw. Jaden was still holding his jaw on the ground inside as Vinnie rushed you out the doors. Bryce hopped out and grabbed you to check to make sure you weren't hurt:
"What happened?"

You: "J- Jaden."

Bryce: "I haven't taken my eyes off the front door. How-"

Vinnie: "When I went to pay I saw him coming out from the kitchen so he must have used a back door somewhere. What's his deal?"

Bryce: "He's the one who shot Chase."

Vinnie sat silently in shock as he put all the pieces together. Bryce continued:
"You did the right thing bringing her to me, Vinnie but we need to take her home so I can talk to her dad."

AUTHOR'S NOTE: I really wanted to write Y/N's character growth moving forward. Since that night we lost Chase, we've been a victim to everytime Chase or Jaden came up / showed up. We would freeze up and panic waiting for someone to rescue us. Here we see us not scared of Jaden as much and even tho Vinnie stands up for us, we were holding our own. Totally different than last time at the theater. Watch moving forward as we get more confident and take on the battle that's coming all on our own and see as Y/N becomes the hero she thought she needed!!!