16- Unexpected Love

Back in the basement Vinnie continued arguing with you about needing to tell you something:
“I know you think you don’t need to know, but I need to tell you.”

You: “There is nothing you could say that would change how much I want to be with you.”

Vinnie: “This would

Vinnie: “This would.”

You: “Look, if you really meant what you said earlier that this couldn’t work outside of this basement-”

Vinnie: “Hey, don’t do that. That’s not what I meant and you know it.”

You: *continuing*
“That’s what you said, and if that’s the case I want to do this before it’s too late. I’m tired of wasting time and chances because who knows if they’ll be taken from us tomorrow.”

Vinnie: *looking confused*
“Do what?”

You climbed back on his lap and pushed your lips against his in answer to his question

You felt the moment he understood exactly what you didn’t say with words as he grabbed your hips to grind you against him even harder. Your shirt had been on the floor next to his, but he pulled down the cup to your bra and teased you as you sighed into his hair.

All the hesitation that filled the room a few moments ago was gone and everything you’d been daydreaming about for weeks was at your fingertips. 

For the first time in a long time, Chase’s face didn’t pop into your head as a guilt trip and you were just completely in the moment.

No one ever forgets their first kiss… first time… first love… but sometimes you have to stop living in the past and grab onto your future. 

That’s exactly what she did with each kiss and every touch.  You guided him into you as your head arched back to take deeply exhale as he pushed. After being pushed past the edge more than once you wrapped your legs around his hips and cushioned his collapse still between your thighs.

She laid in bed after, and felt his arm draped across her in the safest place she’d ever felt. She chuckled a little at the irony that this dingy basement where she was still a hostage had become her safe place. She took a deep breath and tried to fight off the sleep she could feel overtaking her. 

Vinnie: “It’s safe to fall asleep, sweetheart.”

You: *yawning*
“But will you be here in the morning?”

Vinnie: “I have to go upstairs before the night guy gets here, but I’ll make you a deal. I’ll wake you up for a kiss before I go.”

You nodded in agreement, knowing you didn’t have the energy to stay awake much less argue. He pulled you closer and nuzzled his face against your neck. 

Vinnie: *whispering*
“I love you, too.”

You were struggling to separate consciousness from the dreams seeping in but for a moment you swore you heard him say something. You felt him squeeze you tighter as you slowly drifted off to sleep. 

You fell almost immediately into a dream of Chase and you laying back in the field filled with dandelions. Your dream self jumped up and turned to look at him in shock as he laughed: 
“It’s okay, baby. You can go. But I’ll be right here waiting whenever you want to visit me.”

*VINNIE’S POV*

Vinnie felt her twitch in her sleep and sat up worried. He thought about shaking her awake in case she was having a nightmare, but then she smiled sweetly and he calmed back down. He knew loving her would never last, but for tonight he just wanted to pretend. 

He wrapped her back up in her arms and let himself imagine a little longer. He started to feel himself drift off so he reached for his phone to set an alarm for 20 minutes before the night guy would be up. Before he locked his phone, he saw a text flash across his screen and immediately jerked up wide awake.

 Before he locked his phone, he saw a text flash across his screen and immediately jerked up wide awake