14- Moving On

You: *shocked by his sudden harshness as he pushed you away*
“Hey, what happened? What’s wrong?”

He stormed upstairs without another word and you were left standing in place completely stunned. You sat on the bed trying to process what just went wrong when you saw a sleek black phone he’d left sitting on the table. You grabbed it and started to dial dad’s number and then suddenly stopped and sat it back down. 

You were hit with the realization that if you called him, he would rush to rescue you… But also your time with Vinnie would be over and you weren’t ready to let go of another boy you were falling for

You were still sitting on the edge of the bed wringing your hands when you heard him fly back down the stairs. He stood there blinking, staring at the phone between them. He grabbed it and scrolled through the phone log and shook his head in disbelief:
“You- You didn’t call anyone?”

You: “No.”

Vinnie: “But, why?”

You: “Because I trust you.”

Vinnie: “Why would- I don’t understand…”

You: “You said you’re going to let me go home safe when it’s time and I trust you.”

Vinnie: “Maybe you shouldn’t.”

Vinnie sat down on the bed and tossed the phone back onto the table. He looked as if he were carrying a 1000 pound weight and had just sat it down. 

You: “Why shouldn’t I trust you?” 

Vinnie: “I-” 

You: "Is this because you’re scared of being with me?”

Vinnie looked like he was so lost in thought that he might never find his way back. You reached across him and pulled his lips to yours. After a moment he stopped and hesitated continuing.

You: “What are you so afraid of? I want this and no one has to know except you and me.”

Vinnie: “You don’t know what you want.”

You: “I want you.”

He couldn’t take another moment and kissed you again this time without hesitation. You leaned back pulling him onto you, never breaking the kiss.

You were quickly skin to skin with both of your shirts hitting the floor. His lips drug across your collarbone and up your neck sending shivers across your body and leaving goosebumps in their wake. You felt all of his worry melt away as he gave into the moment. 

He hovered above you, just staring at your face:
“God you are so beautiful.”

You: “I need to tell you something…”

Vinnie felt his heart drop and anxiety start to set back in. 

Vinnie: *moving to his side next to you*
“Okay…”

You: “I’m falling in love with you.”

Vinnie looked at you in absolute shock. He’d never said the words I love you to anyone and had never heard those words from anyone except the day his brother said goodbye. 

You: “I didn’t say that to pressure you into making this something more than it is.”

Vinnie: “I don’t understand. How…”

You reached over to gently stroke his face and smiled:
“Oh, honey. I know you don’t see how loveable you are but I don’t think there is a girl walking this earth that wouldn’t fall in love with you.”

He kissed you and you let the intensity start to heat up again. 

Vinnie: “There’s something I have to tell you first.”

You: “Shhh…. I don’t need to know.”