4- Swim Date

You were in your room pouting the whole next day. You were starting to get hungry, but you refused to face your Dad. Just when you were about to break, Avani came in carrying fast food bags and your stomach grumbled so loud just at the smell of it.

 Just when you were about to break, Avani came in carrying fast food bags and your stomach grumbled so loud just at the smell of it

Avani: "I'm sorry about what happened. I know it sucks."

You: "It's different for you. Your dad doesn't have hired muscle to follow you everywhere and definitely doesn't send someone to barge in if you're hooking up with your boyfriend."

Avani: "If you told Chase about your dad maybe it'd help? Maybe he'd understand."

You: "I've tried before but he always stops me. It feels like he knows but he just doesn't want me to talk about it because he wants my dad to like him so badly."

Avani: "What if that never happens?"

You: "I don't know, but I'm not just letting him go because it might be easier to date someone my dad approves of."

Avani: "Jaden has been asking about you, ya know..."

You feel your mood perk up and then instantly feel guilt wash over you. You really really love Chase, but sometimes it's nice to know boys are still into you. Before Chase, no one ever really gave you a chance. No one really knew what your dad did, but there were enough rumors that they were scared to get close.

Avani: "Why don't you just come over to swim. Your dad lets you come to my house without Bryce."

You: "I don't know... I have to try to talk to Chase. I know he's really freaked out about what happened last night. He hasn't answered my calls all day."

Avani: "Let's just have a fun afternoon. I'll invite Ant and maybe he can even bring Jaden along."

You: "It feels wrong to hang out while my boyfriend isn't there."

Avani: "Well I'm not suggesting you hook up with him but you need more friends."

You: "Just friends?"

Avani: "Besides, that way if Chase ever answers you, you could actually facetime him without your family listening in."

That was a good enough point for you to grab your swimsuit and head across the street to Avani's house. The 4 of you spent the whole afternoon splashing around in Avani's pool until the sun was setting and her parents brought out snacks for you all to eat.

It felt weird to be having so much fun with someone you'd only known less than 24 hours, but Avani was right

It felt weird to be having so much fun with someone you'd only known less than 24 hours, but Avani was right. You really did need more friends. Avani and Anthony raced each other to the patio and cuddled up sharing watermelon completely in their own little world. You started to climb out and Jaden grabbed your hand and pulled you back in the water. You came up with a furious look on your face as you wiped your eyes.

Jaden: "Hey, I'm sorry. I was just goofing around. I didn't mean to upse-"

You interrupted him by jumping on his back and dunking him below the surface laughing like you hadn't in a really long time.

Jaden: *shaking the water from his hair*
"Oh you're in trouble now, girl."

You tried to swim off but he quickly caught up grabbing you around the waist and throwing you back into the water a foot away while you squealed

You tried to swim off but he quickly caught up grabbing you around the waist and throwing you back into the water a foot away while you squealed. When you came up for air, he was drying his face on a towel on the side of the pool. He turned to offer you the towel but when he did his lips were mere inches from yours.

You: "Uh- It's ok. I'll grab another one-"

Jaden interrupted your words by leaning in and pushing his lips against yours. He was only the 2nd boy to ever be this close to you and if you'd let it continue another second you would have probably discovered how amazing he was, but instead you pushed him away.

You: "Wtf? Don't do that!"

Jaden: "I- Uh- I'm sorry. I thought-"

You: "You thought what? That I'd just cheat on my boyfriend? Sorry if you're into easy girls who don't care, but if you ever pull that crap again the only thing your lips will touch is my fist!"

You climbed out of the pool in a huff, still fuming mad. You bent over the lounger where the extra towels were sitting and wrapped one around your chest.

Jaden: *catching up*
"Hey. Stop. Look I'm sorry."

You: "Well you should be!"

Jaden: "I just got caught up in the moment, that's all. Friends?"

You: "Do you go around trying to shove your tongue down the throat of all your friends?"

Jaden: "I'm gonna be honest. You have been driving me crazy since I met you. I've never wanted anything as much as I want you."

You: *rolling your eyes*
"You should probably get used to not getting what you want."

Jaden: "Why? I always do... eventually."